Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is important imformation follow V-RODS-Long story short; I drove over to New Orleans to Bakup usa Plant. Phillip and Rhonda were great, My wife and I walked in and Phillip handed me the keys to his nice ford truck and said go have lunch and see ya a couple hours. When we came back he had created the FIRST V-ROD BAKUP BACKREST!! Its grest, raises and lowers and adjust back and forward....I have posted a ton of pics..its so easy, just take out the pillion sctew and there you go ....complete comfort.
The people at BAKUPusa.com are down to earth and very helpful in every way I recommend you buying your new backrest TODAY....Dan Findley
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Phone 985-758-5558 504-559-8724 fax-985-758-5551 15396 HWIGHWAY 90 WEST PARADIS,LOUISIANA 70080 USA

Attachments

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Pretty Slick!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've looked up other BAKUP rests at dealerships and they run about $400.00 but I'm not sure really what they cost???.... I later had ideas for a passenger backrest and luggage rack....Phillip is a Genius..he can design anything. Give him a ring or email, I might ride over again, don't think I can talk my wife into it again...she's used to K1200LT Dan

Attachments

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Very nice. It's about time I see something like this.

·
Registered
531 Posts
:notworth: Look's good - maybe could use a little refining. Good start!

Was it comfy? did it support you leaning against it?

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I have a backrest on my road king and love it. This has to be comfy!

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
That's great. Having the ability to lean back makes a huge difference in the distance you can go before you get too sore. I know this because I use a bag to lean back on for long trips.
I'd be interested in one of these if the pillar was chrome instead of vinyl wrapped, and if it was no more than $150.

·
1,738 Posts
Glad to see this. I agree the cover for the bracket needs work and it should be easily adjustable and quickly detachable without tools. Also, he sould offer a quick detach passenger rest that matches and gives the passenger more room than the stock pads. Perhaps a lower price. However, if he cleans it up and adds the quick adjust/detach features, I would pay the price. However, not with that ugly vinyl bracket cover.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
V-DAN said:
This is important imformation follow V-RODS-Long story short; I drove over to New Orleans to Bakup usa Plant. Phillip and Rhonda were great, My wife and I walked in and Phillip handed me the keys to his nice ford truck and said go have lunch and see ya a couple hours. When we came back he had created the FIRST V-ROD BAKUP BACKREST!! Its grest, raises and lowers and adjust back and forward....I have posted a ton of pics..its so easy, just take out the pillion sctew and there you go ....complete comfort.
The people at BAKUPusa.com are down to earth and very helpful in every way I recommend you buying your new backrest TODAY....Dan Findley
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Phone 985-758-5558 504-559-8724 fax-985-758-5551 15396 HWIGHWAY 90 WEST PARADIS,LOUISIANA 70080 USA
THIS BACKREST IS FORSALE.......$399.00 obo 850-830-0303

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
My wife likes her new back rest and I really enjoy mine (which happens to be her).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts