Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Holy shit,
That looks totally AWESOME!!! :-D

What did you do to your seat? Is it the original one, and is it still possible to carry a passanger?

What kind of exhaust is this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
No $hit! Finally, a nice rear chop to remove the dog's A$$!

What'd you do? Where'd you relocate the tag, and what if anything are you doing for a rear brake/signals?

I've been toying with the idea of choping the dog's a$$ off and mounting come carbon fiber flushies on the rear.

As for your exhaust mod... unless your a racer, for every day street use, you and I know what' you're doing with the exhaust wrapping/insulating the pipes, but cosmetically its not very clean looking....

Just me, call me a pretty boy with a pretty bike I guess, I'd rather ceramic coat the pipes than wrap in insulation that is unsitely....

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
That exhaust is sick! I'd go with the ceramic coat over the tape though. Unless you plan to make the tape black. Someone else here has already done the black tape and it looks awesome. The tail looks good too. I like the light under the rear seat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the respose.. the brake light is just under the seat, tags i drilled into the belt cover to make a side mount. the seat is toatlly stock and my girl loves to ride on the back.. she just cant put her hands behind her, there is nothing but tire behind her. the exhaust i made a 2-1 slip on. it made 110 hp and 75 lbs torque on the dyno. i was happy with that. as far as the wrap goes i just didnt want to do black because it just looks bad after a while and wanted to try something a little different. but i agree it would look way cleaner if i just had the headers coated..

·
Registered
141 Posts
unlovable,

without front fender do you notice more rocks flying up and hitting your face? i was thinking about ditching the front fender as well. also was it difficult to ditch the rim tape? bike looks sick, i have love for the streetfighter look:D .

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ive had black wrapped headers for months now & have repainted (sprayed) the wrap once. Looks as good as when I 1st did it and adds a sinister look IMHO.
Dude, either way you go, that is one awesome looking bike! Kudos on the mods & specially since you did them yourself, they are the best kind. I love having things done to my bikes that you can't buy anyplace & you hit a bullseye Bro!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i definently get more rocks in the face but only at slow speeds but i never notice with my helmet on. the orange line was pretty easy to take off, just scraped it off. the rear fender i just removed the tin, then used a cutting wheel to get rid off the under support, extra parts were just led brake light and turn signals.. but this week i am going to make a cover for the rear seat so it looks better and maybe a little more sporty. i think you guys have talked me into using the black tape, i think you guys are right. it was my first mod that i wasnt totally happy with

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Sorry for all my questions here :)
What did you do to the arm that holds the stock exhaust? It points backwards and holds the stock mufflers...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Dude, one thing about the tape-wrap. They make a wide and a narrow size. If you look at it, I believe you'll find the narrow looks the best. At least I think it does because its easier to work with and wraps really neatly, specially on the curves.

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Still working on the back-fender questions here :-D, when you cut away under-support, you didnt loose any of the weight-support for a passanger?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kurtos, what was under the fender served no purpose other than holding the fender and tags, lights, etc. but other than that the steal underneath is fine for a passenger. as far as for the arm i cut it off and made use of it for the support of the new exhaust. just take the fender off and see for yourself that it doesnt do anything structural for the passenger. but it made it fun to try and mount the lights and tags

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Hey, thanks so much!
I will look into these things as soon as I get my CFR-exhaust. Hopefully I have the nerve to cut of the arm as well :)

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I'm a big fan of the whole cut, chop, rebuild club..... looks cool enough!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
sorry...like my grandma use to say....not my cup of tea

·
VividDX
206 Posts
Bike looks good! I like the exhaust. I have my pipes wrapped as well. I did however paint them with black header paint to keep the all black look going.
Is that a 240 or a Metz 260 on the back? If it is the 240 then it just shows how bad that stock fender makes the tire look.

Keep up the great work and keep us all posted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i bought the steel for the exhaust at burns stainless. and on the back is a 260 but i seriously didnt really notice a big difference from the 240 to the 260

1 - 20 of 23 Posts