Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the bank I deal with wants a whopping 10.5% interest on a used bike loan above 10k, and I am not going to pay that. Anyone know of someplace else that I can look to for bike financing? The kicker is I only wanted to go 18-24 months and they wouldn't lower the rate. I can buy a new bike at 0% through HD, but I wanted to buy someones money pit, instead of making my own.

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
I'd suggest shopping around other banks. There are probably plenty of places online to get financing too. Even my insurance company (state farm) offers financing now. Good luck, you might just need to dedicate a little bit of time to it, but you should be able to find a rate you're more happy with, tho it won't be anywhere close to the 0% through HD.

-jt

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Forget the banks and look for a Credit Union. My credit union will do a 2002-2006 for up to 66 months for 6.24 right now as an example.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check out some of the Internet lenders as well. When I bought my Vulcan, the banks wouldn't do a loan for the bike as they called it a non-traditional loan, and they shy away from those. E-loan stepped up and Fedex showed up with a nice check the next day. Decent rates and terms, though not as good as a CU. Capital One also does these types of loans often. When I was researching this, those were the 2 that kept coming up. GL.

-Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want the machine you will figure out a way to get a lower rate of just do like I do and borrow the money to get the bike with no pain and pay off the loan lickity split after 6 months or so or whatever it takes you.... Works for me

·
Billy
509 Posts
DBlack1 said:
Well the bank I deal with wants a whopping 10.5% interest on a used bike loan above 10k, and I am not going to pay that. Anyone know of someplace else that I can look to for bike financing? The kicker is I only wanted to go 18-24 months and they wouldn't lower the rate. I can buy a new bike at 0% through HD, but I wanted to buy someones money pit, instead of making my own.
Cycle Trader usually has lenders advertizing on their site so that is a good place to start. Also if your credit rating is good call your credit card company and ask for a fixed rate until balanced is paid off. I have bought my last 3 bikes and my used durango on my citi-bank cc at 4.99 percent interest until paid in full. Just a thought but it does depend on your credit score. Keep looking and don't give up. Besides you will soon be able to get a patch with your forum name/alias on it and belong.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Also remember the Stock Market lost 1 Trillion $$$$ this week when the SubPar Loans went bust, this is going to ripple down from the Housing loans downward so Loans are not going to be so easy or in the persons benefits as they where.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts