Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well almost. I was ran off the rode 9 May by a kid in a 'stang with major damage to my bike, over $4600. Its been at Cape Fear HD since then and they told me initially it could take up to 12 weeks to be fixed. But the stars lined up to favor me and they got almost all the parts in and on the bike in the last week. The only thing is they didn't get the radiator shroud and the pulley bearing in. The shroud in pretty bad, but they can pop it back in. The pulley damage is mostly cosmetic. They may even take a shroud off a new Rod and put it on mine, but they don't like doing that.
The thing is I leave Friday for FT Lewis, WA and won't be back until the end of August. So I think its worth the cosmetic damage to take the bike with me now and be able to ride. I'll just have them fix the rest when I get back.
Do you think I'm doing the right thing, or should I just wait until I get back? I appreciate your collective knowledge.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Take it with you. Just pay the dealer for the labor and materials for the work that has been done and try and get the rest of the work done up in the great northwest. If they have the parts coming in maybe he can change the parts destination to be routed to you. just my:2cents:

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it with you. Just pay the dealer for the labor and materials for the work that has been done and try and get the rest of the work done up in the great northwest. If they have the parts coming in maybe he can change the parts destination to be routed to you. just my
Thanks. Can't get it fixed up there, insurance is paying, and the parts are going to Cape Fear. They will not reroute any parts, their very strict. They wouldn't let me pay extra for mods while they fix it back to OEM. I couldn't get them to put on a signal relocator kit that I was going to put on the day of the wreck. That is my one gripe about them.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Bishop, Can somebody pick up the parts for you and ship them to you? A radiator shroud is an easy thing to do. I haul mine everywhere I go, its like that American Express comercial,,,,,,,,,,"never leave home without it"

·
Registered
332 Posts
bishop11c said:
Thanks. Can't get it fixed up there, insurance is paying, and the parts are going to Cape Fear. They will not reroute any parts, their very strict. They wouldn't let me pay extra for mods while they fix it back to OEM. I couldn't get them to put on a signal relocator kit that I was going to put on the day of the wreck. That is my one gripe about them.
??? Who's insurance company is this? Have them cut 2 checks. One for the work that is done and another for the remaining. Then have someone pick up the parts and send them to you. You should be able to let whomever you want work on the bike. Cape Fear is not the ONLY HD shop around. Do they think that much of themselves? What a bunch of assh*&es, not going the extra mile to satisfy a customer. Do the work yourself.
I'd be looking for another shop when I got home if you can't do it yourself.

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ajam318, you are more worked up than I was. I appreciate it brother, but Cape Fear has done pretty well by me. They have been buned to many times on claims so they require the checks up front, so they are paid. I think I will follow yours and Chief's advice and take the bike as is, and have the parts shipped out to me. But if I don't have the time to get it done, I will just have them do it when I get back.

·
Registered
332 Posts
bishop11c said:
ajam318, you are more worked up than I was. I appreciate it brother, but Cape Fear has done pretty well by me. They have been buned to many times on claims so they require the checks up front, so they are paid. I think I will follow yours and Chief's advice and take the bike as is, and have the parts shipped out to me. But if I don't have the time to get it done, I will just have them do it when I get back.
Right on. Not worked up , just know where you're at man. Good luck. Ride safe.
:moped:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts