Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it only took them about 3 1/2 months, but I now have my baby back from the shop!

For those who missed my posts about it back when it happened I had a spot of trouble with my '02 during a road trip this summer. The L/H counterbalance shaft bearing suddenly went "bang", bearing "shrapnel" was pulled around inside the engine trashing the tranny + a number of other items. Long story short, engine killed.

Thanks to the administrative mess that is H-D Europe it took 3 months of to-ing and fro-ing before they finally made their mind up and got me my new engine. While this was going on I authored a couple of heated letters and emails to H-D Customer Service, both in the US and in Europe.

Then 2 weeks ago I got the call from my local dealer that the engine had arrived and was being installed. About 2 hours later I receive a call from a gentleman in the UK who introduced himself as the regional manager of H-D Europe. A very pleasant fellow, he spent the first 5 minutes apologizing for all the hassles with my engine. He then wanted to offer some compensation for my troubles. Off the top of his head he offered me the 100 anniversary Gold Key package for my bike (including fitting). I thanked him, but told him that I already had upgraded those areas on my bike. I then emailed him some suggestions as to what kind of items I WOULD like for my bike…. Still waiting for his reply :D.

Anyways – glad to have my V-Rod back, pity its going to be at least 5 months of winter until I get to ride it (and break it in again). But I’ve got me an ’02 ride with an ’04 engine :goof

Thor

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Glad to hear the news Thorbob, we have missed your input around here.

Max

Was the list long and distinguished? :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad to hear your up and running......synpthize with 5 months of winter I live in Minnesota !

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Hi Thor,
I remember when you posted your break down story on the other board. I was amazed how calm and cool you were through the entire ordeal. You are a true gentleman my friend. Very glad it's back with a new engine too.

John

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Good Things come to those that Wait!;)

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch for the replies guys! Still working out some "options" with H-D over here, if and when we agree on a deal I'll make sure to let ya'll know about it. Don't wanna jinx it yet :D

Thor

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
ThorBob keep us upto date and get some of those great pics you took in Norway of your bike in the gallery please.

Max

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it looks like I'm getting me a x-mas gift from H-D Europe!
I just got confirmation from the manager of H-D Europe, a very pleasant chap called David Hackshall, that they will be sending me my "consolation gift" as soon as it gets in stock.

What "gift" you ask? Well, after I politely declined the 100th Gold Key package, I figured I'd instead ask for something I knew I would not find the money to go buy myself.

Figuring that they would object to the cost, I asked for the H-D Chrome Bodywork Kit. And they came right back and said "sure" ! As soon as they get it (its on backorder) they are going to ship it to my dealer, and have him (free of charge) fit it for me (not really a requirement, but what the heck...).

So I'm a very happy camper!

Thor

·
Registered
223 Posts
Now you are going to have to chrome the frame........OH WELL!!!
Glad to hear they did good by you.
Derek

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
From what Ozzy said you might be waiting 3 more months to get your skins"HD Back Order!:mad: "

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Derek: tell me about it - it never ends....LOL!

Kaz: Thats OK, summers sorta on back order here for at least that long :goof

Thor

·
Registered
214 Posts
WOW! Kudos to H-D for coming thru! That was beyond the call of replacing the engine. A good way to earn a customer for life.

Congrats ThorBob. I'm envious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts