Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member for a little while but I am just bad at remembering to take pictures so here goes.

DSC04668_original.jpg DSC04667_original.jpg DSC04669_original.jpg DSC04659_original.jpg DSC04661_original.jpg DSC04666_original.jpg View attachment 87780

I am specifically interested in member feedback on the decision to black ceramic coat the pipe and leaving the heat shields chrome. My thought process was that I had plenty of chrome already, I really like black and it would be different. Honest opinions are welcome but please don't be uneccesarily cruel if you don't like it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Very nice bike, but do you actually ride it or is it a trailer queen.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bike looks great, but you asked for honesty...I personally don't care much for the black pipe on the SE..looks like something is missing.

But, it is different, and if you like it, that's all that matters!!

Like the little trailer you've got. I could pull that one with the Subaru Outback!

·
Alretired
126 Posts
Bike looks really good! I think the pipe is a matter of personal taste. You do what you like. I liked the all chrome and that's the way I went. You liked the black look and that's the way you went. Both look good to me. I also really like the trailer. Who makes it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all that responded. I appreciate the honesty so keep it coming.
newv said:
Where did you get that trailer?
Several others have asked in this thread and I have been PM'd by others. I bought it at the dealer when I bought the motorcycle. I have seen these trailers at several S. Florida dealers so I don't know if it is relationship just here in S. FL but the actual company is in CA. Here is their link and good luck. http://www.kendonusa.com/ Trailer stands straight up and down and takes up very little space in the garage. Here is the best pic I have of the whole thing. DSC04674_original.jpg
JDR_ROD said:
I put about 6K miles on it since Jan. '06 which I think is decent for a new motorcyclist who only rides around town, not long distances. I trailer it when I go somewhere on vacation and it makes sense to have both modes of transportation. I was headed down to parents place in the Keys with the wife and my 2.5 year old so it was either trailer her down and enjoy her or leave her at home. I guess another option would be to ride down and have my wife and kid go in the truck. I don't like to be on my motorcycle or have my wife drive through Miami which was rated top for worst drivers and road rage. Safer for all to have me drive everyone in the cage.
Bad Attitude said:
Great looking bike,buts that trailer looks like you like cleaning bugs from
your sweet ass ride.
I guess the SUV must do a decent job of killing all the bugs first because it is not that bad at all. My first motorcycle and first trailer so I wonder if I would have bought an enclosed trailer if I had more experience. Time will tell but I am pretty happy with the trailer.

·
Registered
512 Posts
JDR_ROD said:

Oh a trailer queen... sounds so regal hehe:D :D

But thats a sexy little trailer shes riding on

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
It looks good, but to me IMVHO, I think it would look better all chrome, the SE are flashy bikes, that is their point, so having the flat black takes away from it. BUT I hate having something that everyone else has, so in this case you have your own, and if you like it, that is what counts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all new responses.

firemedic said:
It looks good, but to me IMVHO, I think it would look better all chrome, the SE are flashy bikes, that is their point, so having the flat black takes away from it. BUT I hate having something that everyone else has, so in this case you have your own, and if you like it, that is what counts.
I appreciate your opinion. I have to admit, I had buyers remorse when I decided to do it. I had it shipped directly to the guy that ceramic coated it, so I hadn't even seen the pipe before having it done. This is my first motorcycle and hence first modification so I thought I might have really screwed things up. I do really like black and I think it ties a little into the black on the SE2 and the motor specifically, which seems powedercoated black. Anyway, thanks again.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
You know I didn't even look at the engine first time around (my 05 doesn't have black) :banghead: So it does give the flat black something to compliment it, and match to. So looking at the whole picture it does fit better than I first thought.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I like the bike, not so much the black only being on the pipe. If the wheels were black as well it might pull it all together better for me.

I do think as much jack as you have in that bike you should consider an enclosed trailer. I bought a 5X10 Pace with a ramp door for $2900 with a wheel chock and tie-downs brand new. I saw trailers with bifold doors used for as little as $1200.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Blueslover said:
Bike looks great, but you asked for honesty...I personally don't care much for the black pipe on the SE..looks like something is missing.
I disagree. The pipe being black brings out the chrome on the swingarm and rear wheel. It is diffrent and unique. Isn't that what we are all after?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for the compliments and opinions.

mwdhand said:
...I do think as much jack as you have in that bike you should consider an enclosed trailer...
Enclosed would be nice for inclement weather and security and I might have done that if the bike and trailer weren't such an impluse purchase. I don't think I speak for myself when I say I like to show my motorcycle off and I get lots of thumbs up when towing it as well. Not sure if it is the SUV and motorcycle combination, maybe motorcycle & trailer combo, who knows. Maybe if I buy another motorcycle, I will consider enclosed. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I really dont care for it. Doesn't seem to go with the bike. NICE looking bike otherwise. Makes my wonder why I didnt go with the SE...OH yeah $$$$

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ragbagz said:
...Doesn't seem to go with the bike...
This may come across a little defensive but I wanted to make sure your eyes were drawn to all the black on the bike. Agreed that the shade of black isn't the same as say the black on the front fender, rear fender, Airbox cover, gas tank, engine/crank case but it seems close to the black on the seat and tires. I might try and get it re-coated to be closer to the black on the engine. The official description for the color of this bike is Electric Orange & Black so I was hoping that any shade of black would tie into the bike. Thanks for responding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts