Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got RJ's keyless installed and it works great. Thankfully I had Rspenser1218 and CUPCAKE to help out. Alls I had to do is watch it was great. This is by far my favorite Mod yet. We also got those fugly reflector off the forks while we were at it. I am at work now but will try to post pictures up later.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Jim thats good news, it really is a nice touch on the bike. One of the best mods out IMHO.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Glad you like it. Rob, Check your Email. Flattery and bribery will get you nowhere. ;)

RJ

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
jleakey said:
Well finally got RJ's keyless installed and it works great. Thankfully I had Rspenser1218 and CUPCAKE to help out. Alls I had to do is watch it was great. This is by far my favorite Mod yet. We also got those fugly reflector off the forks while we were at it. I am at work now but will try to post pictures up later.
OK, I'll bite - what's the "keyless mod"?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ignition goes byby and you just have to use the run switch to turn on the bike. If you incorporate it with the digital guard dog than it is a passive security system that will not allow power with out the FOB present. It is really cool.

·
Sorry, danny1130
670 Posts
OK, I REALLY want this mod ... and I feel as though I have the tech know how to at least attempt it ... my issue is this, hopefully someone can respond.

Living in downtown Toronto there's a ton of interference and my stock alarm on the bike often won't activate/deactivate when I push the f.o.b. button and I'm standing right beside the bike. The Dealer says it's due to the CN Tower and all the other radio frequency interference in the core of the city. Will this affect the keyless mod? does the DGD increase the 'power' of the FOBs radio frequency to levels that should work regardless of interference?

thanks,

d

·
____
1,519 Posts
dannyvrod said:
OK, I REALLY want this mod ... and I feel as though I have the tech know how to at least attempt it ... my issue is this, hopefully someone can respond.

Living in downtown Toronto there's a ton of interference and my stock alarm on the bike often won't activate/deactivate when I push the f.o.b. button and I'm standing right beside the bike. The Dealer says it's due to the CN Tower and all the other radio frequency interference in the core of the city. Will this affect the keyless mod? does the DGD increase the 'power' of the FOBs radio frequency to levels that should work regardless of interference?

thanks,

d
I'm not sure about the DGD but the CN towers shouldn't effect the actually relay that is wired in.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
dannyvrod said:
... Will this affect the keyless mod? does the DGD increase the 'power' of the FOBs radio frequency to levels that should work regardless of interference? ...
I'm a little confused by your questions.

The DGD doesn't have anything to do with the HD alarm or HD FOB.

The DGD, however, does have a button for boosting the signal sent to the DGD relay that's designed for this very problem to insure that the DGD relay will function in a high radio interference setting.

"Going keyless" does not alter the HD alarm system.

·
Bill
388 Posts
It is the sh*@

I love it! 2 months now with no problems of every day riding!

Thanks RJ & V-Rod Forums! (MAX):notworth:

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
I got my installed this weekend with a late night RJ phone call all is well runs great have to agree besides my 240 rear this is a great mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts