Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
V-HOG
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning and turned on the TV to see a commercial for Harley touting the V-Rod. Imagine that! It immediately started by stating " The Future of Harley Davidson" showing a silhouette of a mean looking motorcycle then a big explosion and bright light. The next thing you see and hear is a Bad Ass V-Rod turning left and right on a twisting road with a thunderous rumble as it blows by one of the many wanna be bikes on the road. They get to a stop sign and the old scooter pulls along side of the V-Rod. They both pull their helmets off to reveal a very old fragile man on the old scooter and a young guy on the V-Rod. The old guys says nice bike, and fast too. What is it? To which the young guy says, "The future". Wow! What a cool commercial. Any way not thinking anymore about it, I go for a ride and pass I know at least 10 people on V-Rods on the way to my Dealership. I couldn't believe it. I get to my dealership and open the door and right at the entrance on a spinning pedestal a V-Rod with a sign below that says "The Future". I almost had a stroke. Go to the clothing section and see at least 4 different types of V-Rod shirts that look pretty cool. Walk over to the parts section and their is an entire wall of V-Rod accessories of things to add to my V-Rod. I am still amazed and in disbelief. I go to the service section and ask the guy at the desk if he has a mechanic I can ask a question about my V-rod, he says no problem, all of our mechanics are thoroughly trained on the V-Rod. It's the Future you know, he says. Still, I am in disbelief. I finish with the service area and walk toward the front of the store and see a huge picture of Max with the 1130cc.com above him and the words below, " Be a part of The Future". Cool, I think, maybe they have finally seen the light. I go for a ride and every where I go I get a thumbs up saying "Nice bike". I head home and pull into my drive way to see a big old school biker sitting on his Air cooled Harley with his arms crossed watching me as I pull up next to him. I stop my bike and say " Hey, you like my Harley, it's the future you know?" To which he picks up his huge foot and kicks over me and my bike and says " That ain't no Harley". Then the alarm clock goes off and I wake up from what I find out is just a dream. Then I go for a ride with two buddies Liunarep and Coinpurse to Baton Rouge and have a good time while several people stop by to admire our bikes and each one state what kinda bike is that? To which Bajat replies " Its the Future". Imagine what Harley would have if they just marketed this Bike we love so much. Oh well, at least we have the best group of guys and gals right here who know how impressive this bike really is. Thanks MAX I can never show my appreciation enough to you for having this forum for us to share. Thank you!!

Attachments

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I knew it was too god to be true. Good story Chris.

·
Registered
172 Posts
At one point I was about to open youtube to look for that commercial! Great job on that! :)

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
about halfway thru I started thinking "ok this has gotta be a dream" :laugh:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Teufel-hunden said:
At one point I was about to open youtube to look for that commercial! Great job on that! :)
I was thinking the same thing

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
LOL it is the future of Harley.

·
Registered
167 Posts
lakedrunk said:
Yeah me too, I want some of that coffee. :coff: I was wanting to see this commercial, was going to flick to the HD website before I could finish reading, cos we don't get those cool Harley commercials in Australia.
You had us all going for a while. Do you come fom a Sales/Marketing background??
Very cool dream.:thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
groovy V-Rod said:
Maybe, JUST Maybe 1 of the Members here on the Forum that work @ H-D will bring a copy of this to the MoCo.:plause: :thumb:
And offer him a position in Marketing and advertising.:jeannie:

·
George
5,411 Posts
Good thing you woke up when you did....... I had a dream like that... well sort of... when I was 12 and had to change the sheets when I woke up!

·
Registered
661 Posts
lakedrunk said:
:them:

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I had the same dream.......but with Jennifer Garner adorned in leathers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got inturrupted three times trying to read that original post. Great Story. Well worth the extra effort to finish the read.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i looked everywhere on the net for it, apparently no one got it tivo'd

·
Registered
553 Posts
...while reading the original post I too felt a rush...

I've considered removing the individual letters on my 04 vrsca aribox cover and replacing it with a chromed PORSCHE emblem at times, since to me it's as much a refined performance machine as it is American criuser... To me first and foremost it's a V-Rod, unlike any other Harley Davidson... I think the Discovery channel's show on the V-Rod hooked me when I first saw it, and the performance of the thing keeps me smiling like a fool, it's such great fun to ride... To simply accurately feature what the V-Rod can do, right out of the crate, seems such a natural... After Japanese motorcycles nearly handed Harley Davidson obsolescence they should know they have more than an aging culture in their favor now, they actually have an elegant performance motorcycle that's competitive!!!

In a way the airheads have it right, the V-Rod really is in a class by itself...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts