Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....No more friggin' WAITING! I just picked up my new '08 DX black/pewter from Sheldon's HD......Sitting in my driveway and waiting for daylight....Booo-Ya!
I'll post picks sometime tommorow......LATE tommorow:D :) :D :) :D

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
....No more friggin' WAITING! I just picked up my new '08 DX black/pewter from Sheldon's HD......Sitting in my driveway and waiting for daylight....Booo-Ya!
I'll post picks sometime tommorow......LATE tommorow:D :) :D :) :D
HOT Damn does Pewter mean the white stripes instead of orange or black? I am interested in seeing that I have not seen anyone who has one yet.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Nice I am excited to see the pics congrats!

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
luxlamf said:
HOT Damn does Pewter mean the white stripes instead of orange or black? I am interested in seeing that I have not seen anyone who has one yet.
...Well, sort of...They're SILVER stripes on VIVID everything else.....They won't be there all that long, but long enough to post a few shots....my brother's (Who's a semi-pro auto & custom guy here in MA if anyone's interested...pm me) painting them flat black....

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
luxlamf said:
No, that would look like a skunk or an pair of Adidas shorts!!!!!

They are Silver, Princess :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Man you are a lucky bastard!!! I would leave the strips alone!!!

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
...Well, sort of...They're SILVER stripes on VIVID everything else.....They won't be there all that long, but long enough to post a few shots....my brother's painting them flat black....

why not buy a 07 dx then???

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
the silver pearl(awesome metalflake)stripes look really awesome IMO....I test rode this color/model about a week ago and wow!...friggen fast!....

But I ordered the vivid/orange instead....IMO the silver should have matched the logo on aircover with stripes....so having orange and silver just was abit weird IMO.

Manolo also has a silver striped 08...and says it is quite abit faster then his 07.

welcome to the dark side!
Dan

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
the silver pearl(awesome metalflake)stripes look really awesome IMO....I test rode this color/model about a week ago and wow!...friggen fast!....

But I ordered the vivid/orange instead....IMO the silver should have matched the logo on aircover with stripes....so having orange and silver just was abit weird IMO.

Manolo also has a silver striped 08...and says it is quite abit faster then his 07.

Dan

I need to see one of the silver striped bikes, I might be painting my bike again, I thought it was just orange for 08. :banghead: :banghead:

at least smoothrod got a a few years out of his paint job before the moco copied it

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
NOS-DAN said:

Dan
Oh I have not seen it in person and agree that the Stripes and Logo should match, too bad I was very interested in seeing it, now not so much, just another HD screw up on what could be a perfect bike.

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Not only that then you could do a Raider themed bike!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
KWIKR said:
Only Fair I guess to go along with that New Orleans Saints bike they now make

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
...Well, sort of...They're SILVER stripes on VIVID everything else.....They won't be there all that long, but long enough to post a few shots....my brother's painting them flat black....

The silver sounds sharp to me.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
KWIKR said:
Did you say Raider?

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Gratz on your new ride!!!

Our dealership is getting a pewter striped DX soon. They have an orange striped one for demo. That one looks nice. The guy there is gonna call me as soon as it comes in so I can see it before someone decides to buy it. I also have to agree, too bad the logo on the side isn't color matched. But I still imagine its nice looking either way.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Allright.....just posted the pics to my initial post in this thread......"top of page"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts