Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....No more friggin' WAITING! I just picked up my new '08 DX black/pewter from Sheldon's HD......Sitting in my driveway and waiting for daylight....Booo-Ya!
I'll post picks sometime tommorow......LATE tommorow:D :) :D :) :D



 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
....No more friggin' WAITING! I just picked up my new '08 DX black/pewter from Sheldon's HD......Sitting in my driveway and waiting for daylight....Booo-Ya!
I'll post picks sometime tommorow......LATE tommorow:D :) :D :) :D
HOT Damn does Pewter mean the white stripes instead of orange or black? I am interested in seeing that I have not seen anyone who has one yet.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Nice I am excited to see the pics congrats!
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
luxlamf said:
HOT Damn does Pewter mean the white stripes instead of orange or black? I am interested in seeing that I have not seen anyone who has one yet.
...Well, sort of...They're SILVER stripes on VIVID everything else.....They won't be there all that long, but long enough to post a few shots....my brother's (Who's a semi-pro auto & custom guy here in MA if anyone's interested...pm me) painting them flat black....
 

·
Living Free...
Joined
·
11,581 Posts
luxlamf said:
HOT Damn does Pewter mean the white stripes instead of orange or black? I am interested in seeing that I have not seen anyone who has one yet.
No, that would look like a skunk or an pair of Adidas shorts!!!!!

They are Silver, Princess :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,809 Posts
Man you are a lucky bastard!!! I would leave the strips alone!!!
 

·
"A" is the only way
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
...Well, sort of...They're SILVER stripes on VIVID everything else.....They won't be there all that long, but long enough to post a few shots....my brother's painting them flat black....

why not buy a 07 dx then???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
the silver pearl(awesome metalflake)stripes look really awesome IMO....I test rode this color/model about a week ago and wow!...friggen fast!....

But I ordered the vivid/orange instead....IMO the silver should have matched the logo on aircover with stripes....so having orange and silver just was abit weird IMO.

Manolo also has a silver striped 08...and says it is quite abit faster then his 07.

welcome to the dark side!
Dan
 

·
"A" is the only way
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
the silver pearl(awesome metalflake)stripes look really awesome IMO....I test rode this color/model about a week ago and wow!...friggen fast!....

But I ordered the vivid/orange instead....IMO the silver should have matched the logo on aircover with stripes....so having orange and silver just was abit weird IMO.

Manolo also has a silver striped 08...and says it is quite abit faster then his 07.

welcome to the dark side!
Dan

I need to see one of the silver striped bikes, I might be painting my bike again, I thought it was just orange for 08. :banghead: :banghead:

at least smoothrod got a a few years out of his paint job before the moco copied it
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
the silver pearl(awesome metalflake)stripes look really awesome IMO....I test rode this color/model about a week ago and wow!...friggen fast!....

But I ordered the vivid/orange instead....IMO the silver should have matched the logo on aircover with stripes....so having orange and silver just was abit weird IMO.

Manolo also has a silver striped 08...and says it is quite abit faster then his 07.

welcome to the dark side!
Dan
Oh I have not seen it in person and agree that the Stripes and Logo should match, too bad I was very interested in seeing it, now not so much, just another HD screw up on what could be a perfect bike.
 

·
Inked up Irishman
Joined
·
2,829 Posts
Not only that then you could do a Raider themed bike!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
KWIKR said:
Not only that then you could do a Raider themed bike!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!
Only Fair I guess to go along with that New Orleans Saints bike they now make
 

·
Jeff/Modistrator
Joined
·
6,136 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
...Well, sort of...They're SILVER stripes on VIVID everything else.....They won't be there all that long, but long enough to post a few shots....my brother's painting them flat black....

The silver sounds sharp to me.
 

·
Where's Max?
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
KWIKR said:
Not only that then you could do a Raider themed bike!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!
Did you say Raider?

 

·
l337ub3rn00b
Joined
·
227 Posts
Gratz on your new ride!!!

Our dealership is getting a pewter striped DX soon. They have an orange striped one for demo. That one looks nice. The guy there is gonna call me as soon as it comes in so I can see it before someone decides to buy it. I also have to agree, too bad the logo on the side isn't color matched. But I still imagine its nice looking either way.
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Allright.....just posted the pics to my initial post in this thread......"top of page"
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top