Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now I have decel popping like crazy and the ever so often Hesitation between 3000-3500 in 2nd and 3rd.
I have:
2002 VRSC
Topless K&N
Vmodded pipes.

Anyone have a MAp etc... or idea how to get rid of this?

·
boo
5,211 Posts
was it actually dyno-tuned? or they just threw the tuner on there and plugged in some map they had?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was it actually dyno-tuned? or they just threw the tuner on there and plugged in some map they had?
They did a Tune but I know some people around here have really well tuned maps etc.. and I am going back there this week to have it cleaned up.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
did he give you a printout of the dyno sheet? i haven't seen that many but they all seem to dip at 3k rpm, a good tune should smooth that out a bit and at least make it flat. but there are others here far more knowledgable

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
So now I have decel popping like crazy and the ever so often Hesitation between 3000-3500 in 2nd and 3rd.
I have:
2002 VRSC
Topless K&N
Vmodded pipes.

Anyone have a MAp etc... or idea how to get rid of this?
Yup, get rid of it and buy the Twin Tec VRFI Gen 3 :)

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
David--is it a super tuner or the old SERT? I have a very well baked V-Mod stock and V-Mod SE SERT maps squirreled away. If it is a super tuner, if someone can get me a copy of the software, I'll translate the SERT map.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David--is it a super tuner or the old SERT? I have a very well baked V-Mod stock and V-Mod SE SERT maps squirreled away. If it is a super tuner, if someone can get me a copy of the software, I'll translate the SERT map.
Thank ya Sir, Its a New Super Tuner, I contacted RJ and He pointed me in the right direction, I will be at the Tuners on Monday.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
David, let me know how that one works. If need be, I have a couple of others I can send you as well.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David, let me know how that one works. If need be, I have a couple of others I can send you as well.
Thank you sir, now excuse my ignorance but I have a MAC, RJ sent it to me, I threw it on a Flash Drive and tried to open it on the gurls PC, It didnt. Should it open on hers or is it a special program that is needed to see it? Or does it just work on the Dyno computer? I just want to make sure before I travel down.

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
It won't open by clicking on the file. Open up the Super Tuner program, click on the "tuning fork". A window will open, click on "manually select file" then locate the file on your computer and open it.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
It won't open by clicking on the file. Open up the Super Tuner program, click on the "tuning fork". A window will open, click on "manually select file" then locate the file on your computer and open it.
Yeah. And you can't load the software on a stoopid MAC....

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
surely the stage two download that was available for the early bikes is all you need for the mods you have.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unless you run boot camp and boot to windows.
Yes yes, the Gurl has a PC so I could go that route in the future. I am just wondering if it downloaded properly before I go down to Long Beach and have it installed. Worse case is He just tunes it without the map.

·
Black Beauty
492 Posts
Unless you run boot camp and boot to windows.
Boot Camp on my MacBook Pro is great at running Windows. In fact it runs Windows XP faster and better than my PC can do it.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its just such a Tiny file that I thought it might not have come through.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Why'd you ditch the Gils box? I've still got one and all is running well. Never been dyno'd mind you but it's not popping and acceleration is smooth. Are you just trying to get a bit more bang for your buck?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why'd you ditch the Gils box? I've still got one and all is running well. Never been dyno'd mind you but it's not popping and acceleration is smooth. Are you just trying to get a bit more bang for your buck?
Dead spots, have had Dead spots on my bike since I installed the Gils box, 3k-5k always had a hesitation and it didnt take off for shit. Well I got a great deal on a Super Tuner and went with it. Its GREAT!!!
Went with Halfnutz Map in hand and got it tuned today. Just under 105hp and it Moves in Every gear and at every rpm now. Had a Great 100 miles today and mostly wide open freeway. Love watching (and hearing) the bike hit 130mph.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Dead spots, have had Dead spots on my bike since I installed the Gils box, 3k-5k always had a hesitation and it didnt take off for shit. Well I got a great deal on a Super Tuner and went with it. Its GREAT!!!
Went with Halfnutz Map in hand and got it tuned today. Just under 105hp and it Moves in Every gear and at every rpm now. Had a Great 100 miles today and mostly wide open freeway. Love watching (and hearing) the bike hit 130mph.
I told you.
Now if you can just learn to shift without kicking at the shifter with those hundred pound boots you wear,your transmission might last for a few thousand miles this time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts