Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. ive lurked in here a long time, just tonite ive figured out how to post. i hope. lol wonderful sight,great knowledge, super people from what ive read.im randy from southeast kentucky.own an 03 vrod,silver and black.anyway i just wanted to finally meet and greet so to speak. im looking forward to finally joining in the discussions if i can figure out how again. lol. oh by the way, this is my 35th year of being on 2 wheels. : ) im 46 yrs old. thanks for bearing with me by reading this.oh, do i have to join each section to post in ? or just simply reply or start my own thread if i have anything to offer ?

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
WELCOME, Randy!!! Great that you've posted!!!

Nope, you can just either click on "reply" to any message in any forum or go to a forum and click on "new thread" to start a new discussion.

Let us know if you need any help! Sorry we didn't realize you were having a problem with it.

I have an 03 black and silver, too. Aren't they just an EXCELLENT bike??

Val

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Welcome Randy. I'm glad you've converted from a "lurker" to a participant. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Hi Randy! Welcome aboard! I too have the 03' silver & black and love it! My sister lived in Litchfield for awhile but now lives in Missouri. Kentucky has some great riding roads!!
Kay :jeannie:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Randy what part of Kentucky are you in,
I only live 3 miles from Kentucky Border.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
riverrattcom said:
Randy what part of Kentucky are you in,
I only live 3 miles from Kentucky Border.
im in Harlan ,ky. 100 miles north of Knoxville tenn. im at Knoxville and Gatlinburg every weekend. :mrgr:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:welcome: Randy and all are Great New Members!It's starting to really Catch On! :kaz:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
rbnky said:
im in Harlan ,ky. 100 miles north of Knoxville tenn. im at Knoxville and Gatlinburg every weekend. :mrgr:
Im on the border of Western Kentucy,
about 60 miles north of Paducah, right inside the illinois border.

If you ever head this way or If I head toward Gatlinburg well have to meet up :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome

rbnky said:
Hi all. ive lurked in here a long time, just tonite ive figured out how to post. i hope. lol wonderful sight,great knowledge, super people from what ive read.im randy from southeast kentucky.own an 03 vrod,silver and black.anyway i just wanted to finally meet and greet so to speak. im looking forward to finally joining in the discussions if i can figure out how again. lol. oh by the way, this is my 35th year of being on 2 wheels. : ) im 46 yrs old. thanks for bearing with me by reading this.oh, do i have to join each section to post in ? or just simply reply or start my own thread if i have anything to offer ?

Good to hear from you.
I too struggle with computers, I'm 49 yrs. old. Must be the generation thing.
How do you like your rod in comparison to other bikes you've ridden?

mento

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
I hear there are some great places to ride around Gatlinburg. Got any recommendations?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
screamin-v said:
I hear there are some great places to ride around Gatlinburg. Got any recommendations?
Best place to start once ya get to knoxville is head to maryville,from 6th redlight going past U.T. college, run the 4 lane to alcoa,on to maryville, to townsend, its a straight shot,then on up into the national park, turn left onto river road,this takes ya across to gatlinburg or on to cherokee, n.c. from there the riding is endless if ya like old curvy country road , which im a big fan of. :D and as far as liking this bike over my previous bikes. id take this one hands down over anything ive thrown a leg over thru the years.ive got a permanent grin implanted on my face ever since i got the rod last feb. :twisted: and if your in the area be sure and stop by colboch h.d. in morristown. greatest guys ive ever met in any kind of dealership. they treat ya like southern gentlemen, lots of respect and always willing to sit down and chat on any prob ya might have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts