Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got about 45deg here in the the northeastern corner of PA. I spent the wee hours of the morning getting the VROD ready.

I changed the moco oil to SYN3. $8.25/qt. Man that's rich for my taste. Think I'll toss in mobile1 next time--I have 50+ gallon of it in the basement. Can't find AMSOIL around here. In my old Porsche Turbo I used Lubrication Engineer's purple stuff. I did run cooler, but I still changed it every month--at $11/qt it was really a pricey oil change. Turbo got coked up anyway.

I changed the oil filter as well. Removing the lower radiator mounting bolts gave me barely enough room to fit my hand in there. The filter took a few good grunt-pounds of force to get it off. Starting to wonder if it was really replaced at my 500mi service. The oil drain plug had Teflon tape on it. Never saw that on a vehicle!

Took my cutoff tool and cut a huge Maltese Cross in my airbox for the pseudo-topless mod. Did a good job too, and I'm no artist. I jsut didn't want to cut a big hole in it. Looks cool. I was honestly startled when I cracked the throttle open and heard a huge BOT-BOT-BOT from the airbox. Sounds cool.

I had already replaced the front and rear footpegs, and the shift/rearbrake levers with the Bar&shield ones from the Moco, and installed the crome VROD shift linkage too. I had a devil of a time with the right handgrip. Was ready to cut it off. Well, I play wth it tomorow.

Anyway, I did squeeze in about 30mi today. Gearing feels taller than I remember since the last ride in December. Accidentally did a holeshot in my yard and turfed up six feet near my wife's pond. Probably have to fix that before she notices...

Hope everybodyelse here in PA got out today. Should be about 53deg tomorrow and the wife has work. Lots of single-up riding tomorrow.

c'ya :cheers:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Got up to 53 and sunny.I had to go for a ride.The winter was killing me.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Got in the 50s in the Detroit area. Had to go for a ride, and let the girl stretch her legs a little. It was a great ride, even though it was too short.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
:ride: MAde the mid fiftys here today as well. Took mya stepdaughter put for her first ride ever. We were gone about 4 hrs, mostly just puttin' around but got in a few back roads down in MD. Goin' to try to get the wife on the back today for a run to the Farmers Market and over to Battery Park. :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Dang, and I woke up to an inch and a half of snow today. I'm totally bummed!

:hmm:

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
KARAF, the weather report looked like you were in for much more than that! With the nice temps here (55 today), the snow on our ski hill is rapidly melting. I bet we don't have more than 2 more weeks of the season here. Definitely NOT the same as CO skiing!

Finally got a chance to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon. The skies weren't the bright blue of yesterday, but it was sure nice to ride without so many clothes on. TONS of bikes on the road, but I didn't see another v-rod.

:)

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Val said:
KARAF, the weather report looked like you were in for much more than that!
Actually, the snow has already melted. But it's 36 degrees out, with a cold breeze, so I'm not sure I want to brave it today. We'll see if the 'urge' outweighs the cold...

KARAF

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
well it's raining but it was a high of 66 saturday took my 6 yr old for alittle ride but with rain today you know were I am :vrod: forum.

·
Registered
503 Posts
-3 here in sunny scotland. you guys dont know you are living, it might reach 50 here by august :helpme:

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
another pretty day here. got to 59 F (15 C) so off we went for an hour or so this afternoon. what amazes me is that it has been so warm for the past 3 days, but there is still a foot or more of snow on the ground most places. The rain is coming tonight, tho, so I'm thinking it's bye-bye snow.

The GOOD news is a bug smashed itself against my FF visor, naturally, about miles from. That means spring is coming, RIGHT???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts