Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Have a few questions about my new 2002 V-rod I bought last week.

1. I guess it originally came with the optional windshield, because it has the mount for it but no windshield. Any way this mount looks horrible, can I just take it off and replace it with something else? Like does Harley make a plate that goes there.

2. Still trying to figure out which FF helmet I am going to buy. Does anyone have actually pics of a Arai Aluminum Silver or Frost Silver helmet. Looks the same to me online. Would like a closer match to the bike.

3. Where do you guys keep ur idetitficaion cards, under the seat above the gas tank?

·
Resident Tugboat Cpt
4,443 Posts
ALang800 said:

1. I guess it originally came with the optional windshield, because it has the mount for it but no windshield. Any way this mount looks horrible, can I just take it off and replace it with something else? Like does Harley make a plate that goes there.

2. Still trying to figure out which FF helmet I am going to buy. Does anyone have actually pics of a Arai Aluminum Silver or Frost Silver helmet. Looks the same to me online. Would like a closer match to the bike.

3. Where do you guys keep ur idetitficaion cards, under the seat above the gas tank?

Answer to #3. I do, in a document holder from Harley.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
ALang800 said:

1. look on harley's website or ebay or probably somewhere on the homepage here for a windshield idea (somebody will know better than me)
I just saw this in the classified section, it looks like it might be sold but there's a part number listed if you like it http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72778

2. I dunno

3. I got a small fork bag (bought off ebay many years ago) to keep extra riding glasses insurance cards and some tools (which aren't needed for this bike) I had the bag attached to the sissy bar for awhile and moved it above my headlight for awhile now it's below my headlight.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
oh and you can find a frame bag for the Vrod on ebay or harley, and they sell some sorta zip lock bag thingy that goes under the seat :thumb:

by the way :welcome: you gotta nice bike there :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
dude, you can do the same thing with a zip lock and some velco, under the seat, unless ya dig the hd logo in a place where only you can see

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
You can just remove the mount and replace the bolts with shorter ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts