Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Few mod questions

713 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  lds79ford 
#1 ·
I looked and couldn't find the answer to both my questions so i figured i would just post a question.
1. The arnott air suspension just does the rear correct? wondering if that affected the bikes handleing or overall look
2. I saw the post low loud nasty bike and i love the muscle wheels, i looked into getting new wheels for my 08 dx but they are like 3-4k for aftermarket rim pairs, but fact muscle wheels i love. I saw that that member got them from a dealer so i called my local dealer and asked for a quote, they told me the muscle and the nrs are very different and they would need a list of the parts that i would need to switch them such as bearings, or brake rotors? i pm'd the person with the muscle wheels but i see he sold the bike and they never responded so i was wondering if anyone knew the parts i would need.

I am a ford master tech so to me a new wheel would just have to be the same bolt pattern and it can just bolt on, brand new to bikes so bearings and sleeves are new to me,

thanks for any help

#2 ·
don't know if arnotts makes it but theres a front air kit for vrods also.

#3 ·
VRSCF wheel hardware
44553-06A rotors x 2: $160
3762M screws (shoulder bolts) x 10: $20
6966M spring washers x 10: $20
You're right about the ABS vs. non ABS bearings. The right side bearing doesn't need to be changed (unless you don't trust its age) but the left side is different (ABS left bearing is HD part # 9252, non-ABS and ABS right bearing is part # 9276).

If you heat the wheel hub without heating the bearing you might be able to pull it without damage but the normal blind bearing puller applies a side load to the rollers and outer race that's likely to cause bearing damage. Because of this wheel bearings are normally not reused after removal.

If rotors weren't included you'll need the VRSCF rotors (44553-06A x 2) plus the screws (3762M x 10) and washers (6966M x10) also.

Your NRS rotors and pulley will work. Buy the wheels from Zanottis or Hales or Chicago HD, along with new bearings and spacer kit. While you are at it, switch to Avon tires. Stick better. Straight bolt up mod. Joe

#4 ·
you are a life saver thank you alot, the way my place was talking it was going to cost me almost as all those real custom wheels, yea the bikes got 5k on it now and the tires seem real chopped and from posts i see on this site it seems like its a common problem so when i get the rims i want to switch to new tires as well, thanks

#6 ·
Ok so I have to get the wheels, all new bearings, the sleeve spacer kits for both wheels and all new brakes all around, will the rear pulley from the nrs rim fit the muscle, I just want a complete list to have, I wanna get all the wheel stuff the arnott air and make a rear fender by daytona's bike week but more realistically americade

#10 ·
Not sure how im going to about makin rear fender wether to cut original or buy a blank and hack that and I looked into a turbo or supercharger but I figure ill start smaller first, this is my first bike and I've only been riding since june, the mrs already doesn't like that im doind 130 let alone getting a turbo and rocketing up to 130

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.