Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLOOMBERG IS AT IT AGAIN...he wants to make it a FELONY to pull a WHEELIE in NYC...WTF...

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Should be a felony anywhere but the track in my personal opinion.
That is probably the first law that I like from that dumb a**!!
Even if it was unintentional? I would be doomed

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Even if it was unintentional? I would be doomed

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
That's OK, Lane - you're always at risk of getting a Kim-slap if you get too out-of-hand!! Still crack up when I think about that....

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Its good to know Cali isn't the only Nanny-State......

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I also think it should be a hard offence. Felony is ridiculous but a fine of $1500 and a 30 day loss of licence and 250 hrs community service washing police cars in temps below 45 degrees fahrenheit is a good start. And each time you get caught after that is doubles from the previous offence. Or they should just cut thier hands off at the shoulder.

Yes I have a hard-on for shitheads who do wheelies. In a hatchback and some numb-skull on his crotch rocket doing wheelies behind us ended up in the back of the car. Real bikes have wheelie bars and they belong on the track.

·
BoostJunkie!
85 Posts
I also think it should be a hard offence. Felony is ridiculous but a fine of $1500 and a 30 day loss of licence and 250 hrs community service washing police cars in temps below 45 degrees fahrenheit is a good start. And each time you get caught after that is doubles from the previous offence. Or they should just cut thier hands off at the shoulder.

Yes I have a hard-on for shitheads who do wheelies. In a hatchback and some numb-skull on his crotch rocket doing wheelies behind us ended up in the back of the car. Real bikes have wheelie bars and they belong on the track.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed if doing wheelies in traffic so understand where your coming from there, lots of goofs on every type of bike not just "crotch rockets". And as far as "Real bikes have wheelie bars" I am fine with wheelie bars as long as its a 6 second bike......slower than that and its silly, just my opinion of course.

·
Exemplary Asshole
1,063 Posts
Treat it as you would a DUI, Which most states do have some version of a Felony DUI, It's also a wicked number of points. Force you to attend a rider school or something. As mentioned above there is a time and place for everything.

I'd hate to not get a job though becuase I did a f'n wheelie on my bike. And there's ALOT of companies now that it doesn't matter who or what it is if it's there your out.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
A felony is a federal matter. He is an idiot.
That would be a no.

I felony in most states is any crime punishable by greater than 1 year imprisonment.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,398 Posts
BLOOMBERG IS AT IT AGAIN...he wants to make it a FELONY to pull a WHEELIE in NYC...WTF...
Might as well do a wheelie on the George Washington Bridge...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think doing Wheelies (at least intentionally) is stupid. ( not saying the rider). A Cycle hass 2 tires for a reason. Making it a Felony though?? When you land on your back or eend up in the back of a vehicle in front of you would be punishment enough :spank:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
In Connecticut it is considered "Reckless Driving".

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
My brother some years back did a 30 foot hole shot off the line in Salisbury, MA. They caught him and gave him a ticket for driving to endanger, speeding, and property damage. The property damage was the rubber he left on the road... :rofl:

And yes he is a jack ass!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts