Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
Joined
·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an interesting experience this noon hour. Was pulling up to a place to get a bite, and noticed there was a V-Rod (B, black with the light trim) parked in front of the liquor store next door. So I popped in and there were two people behind the counter and a guy that looked to be 50 or so talking to them. I asked the manager behind the counter if he knew who belonged with the bike, and he pointed to the guy who he'd been talking to. So I tell the guy, "congratulations, nice bike." He proceeds to say, "Just got it out of the go fast shop. It'll do 127 in second gear." :blahblah: So I said, "really?! What did you do to it?" "I shaved the heads and put in longer pistons," he says. But anyway, I bite my tongue, and ask him, "have you dynoed it?" "Yup--157 horsepower!" :bs: I smile and nod politely and say, "nice!"

So then I ask him, "are you on the forums?" He scoffs and says, "hell no! I ride motorcycles, I don't do that pussy shit!" At this point, I realize the guy is a true jackass, so I just say, "okay, whatever" and walk out the door.

What a prick. Never met him before, but he's obviously from right around here. Next time I see him on the road, I'll have to ask him if he wants to show me 127 in second gear... :rolleyes:

Any of you other KC-area V-Rodders know who this a$$hat is?
 

·
1130cc.comaholic
Joined
·
13,241 Posts
I've said it many times, There are many idiots in this world
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
It may be State of the Art and the Most Beautiful Bike ever built, But it still says "Harley Davidson" on it so there will always be a couple "Harley Guys" in the mix.
 

·
1130cc.comaholic
Joined
·
13,241 Posts
hey I've always been a "harley guy" but never been a A$$ hole about it.
 

·
Jay Johnston
Joined
·
1,732 Posts
Hey Dive Hog, you know what you did right? You embarrassed him in front of the man friend he was trying to impress! LOL You might even have cock blocked him, no wonder he was hostile. Oh well assholes abound some of them even are just bright enough to buy a VRod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Hey now don't insult all a$$hat's by comparing him to them. Some people are true retards though. Me and a couple buddies went to this old biker style drinking establishment(some of you call..."Bar"). Anyway, i'm the only V-Rodder the rest are fatboys etc. Some older guy comes up and comments on the bike asking if it's fast etc. I was being completely modest and honest. Yeah it's peppy etc. Well he tells me he's on this older vulcan outside. I look and see the saddlebags and rust holding it together. I give the courtesy nice and nod. Then he proceeds to tell me how the liquid coolant slows me down versus the Air. Apparently he can hit 170 in his ghetto screaming vulcan. By now i realized he's a tool and stealing seconds of my life i'll never get back so I try and walk away, but he won't let it go. I decline a race again and again until finally i'm frustrated and answer the question of why i won't race him. I tell him i'm not scared of losing, i'm scared if i don't get you off the line all the rust off you're bike will ruin my nice paint job. Conversation ended there. Some peoples kids...i tell ya.
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
lakedrunk said:
hey I've always been a "harley guy" but never been a A$$ hole about it.
Beware of anyone who says they "Have Never Been an Asshole about it" They are the Biggest assholes about it.:stilpoke: :hidesbeh: :stilpoke: :hidesbeh:
 

·
1130cc.comaholic
Joined
·
13,241 Posts
ok maybe only a couple of times I was an ass hole :laugh:
 

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
Joined
·
5,733 Posts
Its funny, I see someone on a V-Rod and almost expect them to be friendly because of everyone on this forum. The majority I meet (which aint' many) are not members on here and after talking with them I'm glad they're not!
Anyone who comes up to me and says they are getting a V-Rod or would like one, I always tell to come here and look around and introduce themselves, they will be welcomed.

But, it is hard when someone sails the BS creek in their yacht.
 

·
drag racer
Joined
·
6,699 Posts
My Grandmother Told Me When I Grow Up I Could Be Anything I Wanted To Be. So..... I Decided To Be An Asshole.
 

·
WHATEVER
Joined
·
3,739 Posts
luxlamf said:
It may be State of the Art and the Most Beautiful Bike ever built, But it still says "Harley Davidson" on it so there will always be a couple "Harley Guys" in the mix.
What is wrong with being a Harley guy?, FLUFFER:hidesbeh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I'm getting real tired of people that suck. I've been selling some stuff on craigslist lately and man...I always go out of my way and just get kicked in the but time and time again.
 

·
Deputy Rally Rouser
Joined
·
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VrodG said:
Ida called BS......and see what he had to say...................:)
Y'know, I was real tempted to, but I just let it go--too much of a prick to waste the breath on. But I was just surprised that someone who rides a V would be such a dumbass about it, even after I pointed my V out to him right at the outset.

:wazzup:
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
I'm sure it was tyson. :rofl:
 

·
Pineland Underground
Joined
·
14,737 Posts
Annihilator13 said:
Hey now don't insult all a$$hat's by comparing him to them. Some people are true retards though. Me and a couple buddies went to this old biker style drinking establishment(some of you call..."Bar"). Anyway, i'm the only V-Rodder the rest are fatboys etc. Some older guy comes up and comments on the bike asking if it's fast etc. I was being completely modest and honest. Yeah it's peppy etc. Well he tells me he's on this older vulcan outside. I look and see the saddlebags and rust holding it together. I give the courtesy nice and nod. Then he proceeds to tell me how the liquid coolant slows me down versus the Air. Apparently he can hit 170 in his ghetto screaming vulcan. By now i realized he's a tool and stealing seconds of my life i'll never get back so I try and walk away, but he won't let it go. I decline a race again and again until finally i'm frustrated and answer the question of why i won't race him. I tell him i'm not scared of losing, i'm scared if i don't get you off the line all the rust off you're bike will ruin my nice paint job. Conversation ended there. Some peoples kids...i tell ya.

:laugh:...good story!
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top