Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for a little fun over the next couple of weeks I am going on an extended road trip. I would like to see how many F'ers will see me during my travels. Without giving away alot of info lets just say you will know it's me, as I do not know many Alaska guys riding bikes in the lower 48. Now I will not always be on the bike but you see an Alaskan F350 pulling a Raptor Toy Hauler give us a wave.

Post up here if you spot me or maybe we can get hooked up for some coffee and pictures. I figure in over 8000 miles of travel I am bound to run by somebody from here. I already have one set for a meet and greet.

See you all on the road.

John

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Good going in 2009 I did a 11,000 mile 37 States 5 mouth trip. I saw STS 129 launch, dove in the Keys, partied with USMC Boot camp Bro's from the 70's in New Orleans. I did both East and West costs and a lot of points in between I built a platform on the back of my motorhome Ride on Ride off. 5 min load-unload time. I think you will have to come through here I see a lot of Alaska plates. If so give me a call in Seattle it's two hours north of me. And I will show you some of my favorite runs if its not raining.:ride: I'm PM ing you my phone #

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok...I will let some info...For those guys in and around Phoenix I will be there for the Far West Regional Soccer tournament. We do pick up our new Toy Hauler in Great Falls and do plan our return trip by way of Seattle and Casssair Hwy.

Now for the bad news...we have hit some of the worst weather/road conditions seen on the Ak Hwy in a long time. Got to Destruction Bay and the road was under water got held up 12 hours. Now we are sitting in Whitehorse, Yukon, Ca. and the road out of here no longer exsists. It got washed away last night and they do not know when they will have it repaired. So it can only get better from here.

Our timeline just got blown out of the water. I was going to post tidbits to get you guys looking. Now instead of a casual ride from Great Falls to Phoenix it is going to be a ball buster. Will keep everyone up to date of where I am as internet is available. From where I currently sit to the Border is almost a 1800 mile drive.

·
Registered
375 Posts
NO WAY!!!
Which hotel in Whitehorse? I am in Whitehorse right now at a conference, but leave Sunday (tomorrow) AM... PM me... I'm in the Best Western Gold Rush...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NO WAY!!!
Which hotel in Whitehorse? I am in Whitehorse right now at a conference, but leave Sunday (tomorrow) AM... PM me... I'm in the Best Western Gold Rush...
To wierd sent you a PM.....wish I could be out with you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
FIRST!!!

And all I can say is that if you roll up behind his 'Rod, it will be pretty darn obvious that it's him...

Just look for the rear tire that is as worn on the shoulders as is it in the middle... Damn he rides the hell out of that thing!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FIRST!!!

And all I can say is that if you roll up behind his 'Rod, it will be pretty darn obvious that it's him...

Just look for the rear tire that is as worn on the shoulders as is it in the middle... Damn he rides the hell out of that thing!
Of all people to meet 1st, by a guy with a nickname of "IGOTCHA". It was great meeting up with you. I wish I could have had more time and not so stressed. Our previous 24 hours wasn't as fun as it was suppose to be. Today the GRRRR animals are finally starting to settle, well at least are not trying to eat all the other dogs in the hotel, as I think most of them have left.

I enjoyed our bench racing about the bikes. I will let you know if we are gonna be your way on our way back. That will depend on if there is any road left.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you are still in Whitehorse, make sure you eat at least once at the Klondike Rib and Salmon. It is AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you are still in Whitehorse, make sure you eat at least once at the Klondike Rib and Salmon. It is AWESOME!!!!
I'll second that! The Elk burger was AWESOME!
And the sourdough bread pudding with homemade Caramel sauce alone is worth the trip (and it is a large enough server to be a meal in itself -- or if you must it is enough to share :D )

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
It's a pretty small world that you got to meet up with IGotcha in Whitehorse!

First beer in Phoenix is on me. :cheers:

·
Registered
230 Posts
EOD J ROD, when do you plan to be in Phoenix, I will be there the last week in June, but sadly, without my bike.

EAR 2 EAR, if I rent a bike in Phoenix, what, if any bike events or bike nights should I try and hit up?

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
EOD J ROD, when do you plan to be in Phoenix, I will be there the last week in June, but sadly, without my bike.

EAR 2 EAR, if I rent a bike in Phoenix, what, if any bike events or bike nights should I try and hit up?
BIKE NIGHTS:

Every Thursday thru June 28...
Westgate Bike Night Also see: Westgate City Center - Bike Night

The first Friday of every month...
Motorcycles on Main (in Mesa)

I've been to Westgate Bike Night but haven't been to Motorcycles on Main yet. I met up with a half a dozen 1130cc.com guys at Westgate a couple months ago. Good times. Westgate is the relatively new commercial development next to the Coyotes hockey arena (which is next to the Cardinals football stadium) in Glendale. Check and/or post in the Arizona Registry for meet up opportunities.

I should have my bike back the weekend of June 23/24 and may make it to Westgate on June 28th. However, I typically have obligations Thursday afternoon/evenings and wouldn't likely make it out there until 7:30 or so. I'll probably be headed to San Diego June 29th through the July 4th week.

RENTALS:

Buddy-Stubbs H-D has a rental Muscle available for $125/day, $330/3 days, $750/week.

Other local dealers with rentals include Chester's in Mesa, Arrowhead in Peoria (near Glendale), Chandler H-D, and H-D of Scottsdale. I think Buddy Stubbs is the only one with a V-Rod though. Better get it reserved! :ride:

RECOMMENDED PHX AREA RIDES:

In Phoenix, check out South Mountain - find the intersection of Central Ave. & Dobbins and head south, enter the park and stay on Summit Road, up toward the radio towers. There are 3 different lookout roads at the top.

Apache Trail to Tortilla Flat - from Apache Junction in the East Valley, take Hwy 88 up past Canyon Lake to the saloon at Tortilla Flat. Watch out for gravel, this road can be a little rough at times.

For a bigger ride, check out Congress (near Wickenburg) -> Prescott -> Jerome (about 80 miles with lots of scenic twisties and cooler weather 'cause you get up to 5000+ feet real quick). Visit Whiskey Row in Prescott and/or The Spirit Room in Jerome - lots of bikers and Old West vibe. BEST ride anywhere near Phoenix.

Keep me posted on your arrival, guys! :cheers: Cheers! - Jim

1 - 20 of 64 Posts