Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just putting out feelers at the moment. i just bought an 08 DX, so will be selling my 07 DX. has about 11K miles on it, and about 2 years left on the extended warranty i think (have to check)

i will be removing some of the custom parts (such as grips, mirrors, shocks, painted mesh covers, sundowner, etc) and replacing them with stock parts.
a few things will stay - the "V" LED tail light, the SERT, the fork boots and vinyl wrap on uppers.

1K, 5K and 10K service done by dealers. bike is in good condition. there was a right side, low-speed laydown last month, and the bike is being fixed as new/stock. nothing serious damaged, and i'll be glad to let anyone see the shop estimate.

bike will be available sometime in early December when all the repairs are finished and the new bike gets here and parts are swapped.

i will be selling it under $10K for sure, haven't fixed an exact price yet, but i don't owe that much on the bike, so i'm a bit flexible.

cheers. let me know if any interest.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I think the 2 years extended will get you your $10k price. Its a Great Selling point and its a Relief for the person buying it. When I was shopping for a used 2002 in 2005 the 2 things it NEEDED to have was the Original Tins and an Extended warranty

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I would buy it if the timing where better, but alas business is slow.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
i might be interested... but it depends on financial situation on December/January. What is the shipping estimate to Los Angeles anyways?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
i might be interested... but it depends on financial situation on December/January. What is the shipping estimate to Los Angeles anyways?
$700 was the average price to ship from DC, I looked as I was also interested.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can sometimes get the shipping a bit cheaper if it's done through ebay motors. maybe down to 600. but it won't be below that cross-country

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
$700 was the average price to ship from DC, I looked as I was also interested.
you can sometimes get the shipping a bit cheaper if it's done through ebay motors. maybe down to 600. but it won't be below that cross-country
Lux thanks for the info! Crow, when I am sure about it i will follow up with you via PM. thanks again!

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah, no worries. it'll be a bit before everything's back together. just in time for winter, yay.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i like that bike a lot, but sorry, not wanting to trade.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lot of pics in my gallery

these are pics of the bike before the accident. as i said though, a lot of the bike will be put back to stock during the repairs. forks will stay blacked out (vinyl wrap, boots), SERT will stay with the bike, smoked V tail light will stay

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Hey Andy. It could be your coast to coast ride in the dead of winter!! With the 08, you won't need to carry the 1 gallon gas tank! :laugh:

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Hey Andy. It could be your coast to coast ride in the dead of winter!! With the 08, you won't need to carry the 1 gallon gas tank! :laugh:
funny guy eh? :chair: I'm more worried of freezing my Socal ass off riding below 70 degree! LOL

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just to clarify - it's not a salvage bike. the damage was not extensive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts