Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing it, I'm getting a bike in my favorite color combo or I'm getting some tins to paint for my VROD. I LOVE, and always have loved, and always will love the teal ( turquoise ? ) and birch white color combo, especially on a Road King or Heritage. Don't like it on an Ultra. Now, I either gotta sell the VROD and get 1 or buy some tins and have them painted. Problem??? I'm cheap !!! That's the truth. And I'm poor. Just today picked up my 2003 Ultra that had $2,100.00 worth of engine work done, so the disposable $$$ just took a hit.
I would sure love to see a VROD in the combo, but I doubt there are any, anywhere. Sure wish I could color one up on the computer.

·
olderone
59 Posts
My best solution is to buy a bunch of tin sets. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than sales an d or registration taxes on buying a different bike. I am currently at 3 different color combinations for my Vrod and am looking for Orange to make 4. The economy of changing colors + the time changing them, < than 45 minutes is another + for my bike.

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
Why didn't I think of that?

:notworth:That's a great suggestion of getting another set of tins. If your cheap also probably not worth it to strip the bike to paint the frame, just do a scheme on the tins that works with the whole bike.
Gosh, I may just have to do that for when I'm sick of looking of primer. LMAO. Oh, sad, but true. :broke:

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I like White, and paint is the biggest mod you can do. Buy a set of tins, and with spray cans and tape, create what you want. Once you are happy, take that to a good powdercoat shop, and have them powdercoat it two tone, exactly like you did the paint. Or, do like Kevin did, and paint it yourself. Or, realize you can't take it with you, and have it painted exactly how you want it. PM the guy with the Corbin in the bagger section. He has a nice saddle for you, and CHEAP! Joe

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
black & purple is my favorite color combo, but have always loved white bikes

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
I LOVE, and always have loved, and always will love the teal ( turquoise ? ) and birch white color combo,...

<SNIP>

... I would sure love to see a VROD in the combo, but I doubt there are any, anywhere. Sure wish I could color one up on the computer.
I saw an airbox cover on ebay in that exact color combo.

Item number:380124318334

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts