Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fault code b1154

'07 DX, Security System with Smart Siren II. Bike started like normal but key light would come on and stay on, bike continued to run fine. Found fault b1154, cleared code, works fine. Anyone know what this code is?........DC

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reset it and the key light came back on in about a mile of riding. Took it to the dealer, they did not have a clue, said it was a part number and to keep the fob closer (how do I get it closer than my pocket?). They hooked it up to their "$40,000" computer and it said everything was OK. Left dealer and the key light comes back on in about a mile. I asked them if they would look up the code and they looked at me funny; said they already checked the manual. Read in another post that it might be the tip sensor, light is coming on going straight down the road and bike does not shut off. I unhooked the TSSM which of course set off the siren, you wouldn't think that little thing would be so loud, seemed like it took forever to get it connected again, my ears still hurt. If anyone has a '07 diagnostic manual could you look up code b1154 for me? Thanks....DC

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I cut this out of another thread for you today. I am afraid I don't have an 07 manual to give you an answer on the code, I was hoping someone would.

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max said:
I cut this out of another thread for you today. I am afraid I don't have an 07 manual to give you an answer on the code, I was hoping someone would.
Thanks, Max. I am leaning towards a TSSM problem, the bike will not start until the code is reset. I have been meaning to buy the diagnostic manual anyway. Next priority is to find a dealer with a clue so I can get it fixed under warranty.......DC

·
Retired Devil Dog
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith at Eagle Harley looked the code up for me. It is a clutch coast nuisance fault. Apparently the TSSM will detect a clutch engagement for more than 10 seconds like coasting down a hill with the clutch engaged. There is a micro switch in the clutch handle housing that detects this. This was the clue I needed, just installed the black hand control kit P/N 42275-06. Pulled the new clutch handle out and compared it with the old one.

As you can see there is a ramp on the old handle just behind the roller that engages the micro switch. The box the handles came in says it fits 2006 and later VRSC models, obviously not a '07 DX. The dealer gave me the wrong part, I need 42275-07 not 42275-06........DC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts