Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
On a stock V-rod, what else would I have to purchase to make this work?

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
chopperrod said:
View attachment 87601

View attachment 87603

View attachment 87606 Black Eurocomponents 18 x 9 tri spoke wheel with a 250 Avon tire, 70 tooth polished pulley with new cush drive, 32 tooth offset front pulley and belt , approx. 4000 miles on wheel and tire , belt has approx. 2000 miles. I paid $2576.00 in 03. Sell for $1000.00. plus shipping.

Never heard or seen a 32 tooth front pulley! Does that take a custom belt?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smoothrod said:
Never heard or seen a 32 tooth front pulley! Does that take a custom belt?
The kits in 03 came with 70 tooth rear and 32 front and use a stock belt cut down by Eurocomponents.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
chopperrod said:
The kits in 03 came with 70 tooth rear and 32 front and use a stock belt cut down by Eurocomponents.

Thats cool I never knew that. Well if a stock v-rod in 02 and 03 had a 30 tooth front and a 72 tooth rear and they made 32 tooth front and a 70 tooth rear it should be a wash and a stock belt should fit because the gearing is the same.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Rim size

I thought I read on here where a 8.5 inch wide rear wheel spread the tire out so much that it was too close for comfort on a stock swingarm. Wouldnt a 9 inch rear wheel be entirely too wide to go in the stock swingarm w/o rubbing the belt and/or anything else?

·
Barry
252 Posts
smoothrod said:
Thats cool I never knew that. Well if a stock v-rod in 02 and 03 had a 30 tooth front and a 72 tooth rear and they made 32 tooth front and a 70 tooth rear it should be a wash and a stock belt should fit because the gearing is the same.
The belt would be the same but the gearing would be a lot higher.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
jmullins said:
I thought I read on here where a 8.5 inch wide rear wheel spread the tire out so much that it was too close for comfort on a stock swingarm. Wouldnt a 9 inch rear wheel be entirely too wide to go in the stock swingarm w/o rubbing the belt and/or anything else?

To the best of my knowledge this kit uses a swingarm that's made by Eurocomponents. I've never seen one installed without their swingarm.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
To the best of my knowledge this kit uses a swingarm that's made by Eurocomponents. I've never seen one installed without their swingarm.

I thought that it came from Euro with a swingarm, but I just didnt see a swingarm listed in the parts for sale, just wheel, pulleys, belt, cush drive.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jmullins said:
I thought that it came from Euro with a swingarm, but I just didnt see a swingarm listed in the parts for sale, just wheel, pulleys, belt, cush drive.
Im keeping the swingarm because I decided to go with a 280

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
That is correct Sir.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts