Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a company that makes a bolt on fat rear end kit for a V-Rod? I would like to be in the 250 range

·
backcracker
735 Posts
SOSPOLICE, Custom Works and Breathless Performance both sell big rear end kits. They only go up to 240 though I think. The stock swingarm can only go that big but they also sell the bigger swingarm to go even bigger. Good luck, I will hopefully do mine this winter. As long as I keep getting stuff sent to the office and shuffling it into the garage without my better half seeing it!!:diablo:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Dan's right 240 is the biggest with stock swing arm.280 with a Rick's Billet set up.:cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have a web address for these companies...I did a search on Breathless Performance and got Corvette info. I did not get anything on Custom Works...A 240 would be ok. I suppose keeping the original swingarm would be a little cheaper

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
sospolice,
about 3k cheaper for just the swing arm.I'm sure the rim and tire might cost a Little more also.Look up Rick's Custom wheels in Germany.Thats who first started the Big Tire V-rod craze!There is a New Player coming to town with some unbelievable looking stuff but I can't let the Cat out of the Bag yet!You might want to hold of for about a month or so!;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do any of these kits come with a rear fender or will the original fender handle the 240?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
It's an Option"you will need it though" the stock fender can't handle much more then a 200 with out allot of mods!:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts