Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You had to think why would you need a glove box in the Fastback rest? Well its not just for a charging station. I needed a place to put my Gal Pal Adapter. So I made my solo fastback rest with an adaptor to use with a passenger in mind. I coated the adaptor with black plastic tool dip so it won't Rattle a round in the glove box but I am using Magnet's to hold down the plate bracket. And they also lock down the adaptor in place solid you have to pull it out it can't fall out. As you can see in the video It can hold my wight of 180 pounds. Off the back of the adaptor with very little flex in the nickel-chromemolly bars. And with a little modification on my Corbin I now have a Fastback Rest for the Corbin. This is my second attempt on the cover for the Fastback rest I did get an inch and a half off the top. The foam is the same just a titer fiting cover over it. I like the trimmer look so I am having this one made for me should get it in week or so. And I like the idea I have a redundant brake/ running/ turn signal in the back and the plate is now up off my rear tyer. I am now going to keep my plate registration and insurers in my glove box. So I can take it all off my bike and take it with me when I park her for the night. It just that much harder to Steal with no plate on her. Just push a button and take your plate with you. To me it was a no brainer I had to build this. Link to video:ride:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yeah cool video and gee I really admire your vision and talent :)

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I got to tell Ya. I had a chance to get some riding in the last four days. A little over 500 miles of finding my twisty and running them back and forth a few times then going on to the next set down the road. And she is a different bike now. Before in the twisty I would slid all over the stock seat unless I push my ass up against the back of the seat ( not so no the Corbin ). I don't come from Harley Davidson's and all my English bike's are mid control. And to me it is a much more controlled ride with my legs for add shocks and weight distributions into and out of the corners. Even if you are basically straddling a log of a seat. So riding as a clam now I never felt as stable even though the V-Rod can out corner any of my English bikes. The solo fastback rest pushes me foreword just a little into my controls My knees are a lot more bent and I don't feel as if I'm reaching for my grip's at all. I don't slid around anymore its like I am glued to her now. I guess its the the more bend In my knees. I had been six foot tall up to 2004 when I blew out my lumbar # 3 and # 4 and shrank an inch and three quarters but I still have six foot tall legs and arms. I had never though to changing my foot pegs or the reach of the bars. That always felt like it was made for me. Now it feels like its has been set up or molded to me. And give me support in it's popped up position like I had never felt on any other bike before. Stretch out in the clam riding position I could not use my upper body weight into and out of the corners as I do with mid control bike's. I have over 10.600 miles on my stock Dunlop's and now that I can use my upper body weight in the twisty I feel as if I have more control over my Black Beauty then before even though I am almost on Slicks. I now have more control then ever I could have thought with Foreword foot controls. I have contemplated going to mid's controls on her but my knees are just to old to stay that bent for any long period of time. I would have to raise the seat up four inch's so not an option. I am sure there will be other back rest configuration in my future I did not know what I was missing. It was the relocation of the ECM to the plate right above the gas tank that aloud me to experiment with this and I think it has a better heat sink there. I also put the stock H.D. security siren under there so it can't be got it. I can only see this going into making custom seat pans and playing with different foam configuration to find the perfect ride. Which I never even knew I was looking for? It's feels like I am now being cupped into my clam shell riding position. I live out in the county and now with the V-Rod I have the privilege to ride long distances on the way to the twisty's no handed ( 10-20 miles when by myself ). I can lean deep into the corners with out touching the handle bars she stay right in her lane like a psychic link to her and and all of my senses are clicking and humming to the max's. To me its a content rush and you can live in that moment. Then You get to your twisty that you have wired through out the years of riding them. I live for it. And I can't Waite to get back out on her and do it again some other grate day in this hard life. I remember them all. Man I got to tell Ya I love this Bike. :ride:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts