Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmmm..... well... you see its this way... i ordered a vox fuill face module helmet because of the unbelievable price $78 reduced from like $300 thru amazon.com. well.... my scoot is black and this helmet will be candy apple red. will i be allowed to ride with that contrasting with my black scoot????? this is an extremely difficult dilemma. i of course trust the great and insightful advice i will get from my fellow vrodders:notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :)

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Mask off a design on it and paint it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, pondo, on a slightly more serious not i was thinking of having it painted maybe with vietnam logo or something like that. course probably cost 50 qazillion bucks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh great!! thanks alot lam. is that better than looking like a blackhead going down the road??

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Buy yourself a can of gloss black krylon, mask it off and have at it.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
actually, pondo, on a slightly more serious not i was thinking of having it painted maybe with vietnam logo or something like that. course probably cost 50 qazillion bucks
Take it to an auto body shop. Alot of those guys will do stuff like that cheap.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was a great suggestion but they did not have my size in black. as far as me painting it black im afraid ill screw it up cuz i want it to look good.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another great suggestion, pondo. this is fun!:)

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
oh great!! thanks alot lam. is that better than looking like a blackhead going down the road??
A Blackhead would match the bike better. At leats you dint get a !/2 helmet, than you would look like something else going down the street.:)

Someone posted a company that makes quality removable graphics for helmets, I cannot remember who posted it and the search function here is "Lacking" to say the least.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
luxlamf said:
You will look like a Zit riding down the street.
:spit: :spit: :spit: :chair:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i could get the scoot repainted.......(but i think not)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
flat black rattle can is your friend

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i think if you get a black jacket with a little red you will be just fine Sir Fred..

my helmet doesnt match my bike.. but ppl seem to really like it !

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i think if you get a black jacket with a little red you will be just fine Sir Fred..

my helmet doesnt match my bike.. but ppl seem to really like it !
This is the Slippery Slope in which I mentioned, He bought a $300 helmet for $78 because of the savings, now everyone is telling Him to get a New wardrobe to match the "Money Saving" Helmet, hence in the end Costing more than if He had Just bought a $300 Helmet in the color He wanted that matches His bike and wardrobe.

Bury the Helmet in the Desert.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts