Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we going to have a league again this year. I say we do it just as we did last year except maybe a live draft this year. Kevin you in as commisioner? Any interest?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm in again

Funny you posted this, I was just on Yahoo for my other team, and saw last years league. I used the league to send an e-mail to last years commish asking to reactivate the league.

Live draft would be the preference for me also.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
im in

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's a good draft time? I can reactivate it but not sure if I can edit the draft settings once I do.
I say give it at least 2 weeks to see how many more we get. Maybe do the draft a week from Sunday???

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I'll play - but I suck and have realized I don't dedicate enough time (nor am I willing to) to actually be any good... don't know a lot of the players, don't keep up on injuries, don't put a lot of thought into individual matchups...

I still enjoy playing and even would go with a live draft, but chances are I would be busy and not able to take the time to do a draft, so that could be a deciding factor.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
OK, I submitted the registration for this year and sent invites to all that participated last year. If you want in there are still ( I believe) 8 spots open. PM me your email address for an invitation and link to the league. I have set a live draft for Sunday, August 17 at 4pm CDT, but I can change most of the settings prior if there is a general consensus that something should be changed.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I submitted the registration for this year and sent invites to all that participated last year. If you want in there are still ( I believe) 8 spots open. PM me your email address for an invitation and link to the league. I have set a live draft for Sunday, August 17 at 4pm CDT, but I can change most of the settings prior if there is a general consensus that something should be changed.
Scoring is the same as last year, correct?

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Live draft? Is that what we did last year?
Last year we did an automated draft. This year it will be live. So we will need to be at our computers to pick our players. I've never done it this way so maybe someone with some experience can enlighten us all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you can not be at your computer for the live draft, you can rank you players before the draft and use your draft card. It will pick your players to fill all positions according to the priority of your list. Once you run out of players on your draft card, it will then pick the best available based on the yahoo rankings.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you can not be at your computer for the live draft, you can rank you players before the draft and use your draft card. It will pick your players to fill all positions according to the priority of your list. Once you run out of players on your draft card, it will then pick the best available based on the yahoo rankings.
Is there a time limit for each pick?

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes, something like 30 seconds or a minute or something, but if someone isn't online it does the auto-pick pretty quick.
Maybe I'm wrong because I've never done the live thing before, but isn't that pretty quick to see who is left from what the others have picked since you last picked? Or can you see the whole thing hapenning in real time?

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
If its still the same as a few years ago, its real-time - a little java applet that shows all available players, and the players you can pre-select that you want and if someone else gets them they cut from the list

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone else want in??

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is there a time limit for each pick?
Yes, as thumbs said there is a time limit. The amount of time is determined by the commish. I usually do at least one minute with no longer than two.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts