Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in the good old midwest, I figure I have another couple months of decent riding weather before the cold stuff rolls in. So, I decided to give myself something to look forward to in the winter - namely - a few mods. I just purchased a PCIII USB off of e-bay ($266 w/free shipping). Next will be a D&D Fat Cat exhaust system (w/quiet baffles), K&N filter, & swingarm mounted pegs. I'll take my time with the parts (it makes things easier with my better half if I don't drop about a grand all at once) and have everything ready for some winter assembly. That should make next spring's riding season pretty fun. That is, unless I buy it all now and enjoy the last few months I have with a new exhaust:)

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Same here. I have a Ricks Tank waiting for me to install it. I'm planning on stripping my bike down to the bare frame and sending the frame to Josh, so he can paint it to match my tins. I'll get the tank fitted at the same time. That's what winter is for. Right now is time to ride.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
My apologizes to all of you cold northern riders. I don't know if I feel bad for you guys or an jealous that you have a season in which to make the mods. When the weather is always riding weather, you feel horrible having to take time out to modify your bike cause you'd rather be out riding it. But on the other side, you have an entire season that you can't ride (or choose not to). Anyhow, I too am planning mods for this upcomming cold(er) season. Need to put a fuel management system, am either going to put a Daytona VRFID or a SERT. For what I have now, I know it's overkill but I am purchasing for the long haul, planning on making engine mods later down the road. Anyhow, ya'll enjoy the cold white stuff that falls, me, I'll keep my warm weather, even if it means getting yelled at in a forign language more than once per week!

-Bill

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xoygeha said:
My apologizes to all of you cold northern riders. I don't know if I feel bad for you guys or an jealous that you have a season in which to make the mods. When the weather is always riding weather, you feel horrible having to take time out to modify your bike cause you'd rather be out riding it. But on the other side, you have an entire season that you can't ride (or choose not to). Anyhow, I too am planning mods for this upcomming cold(er) season. Need to put a fuel management system, am either going to put a Daytona VRFID or a SERT. For what I have now, I know it's overkill but I am purchasing for the long haul, planning on making engine mods later down the road. Anyhow, ya'll enjoy the cold white stuff that falls, me, I'll keep my warm weather, even if it means getting yelled at in a forign language more than once per week!

-Bill
Growing up here in good old central Illinois, I am used to putting the bike up around October (although I know folks who keep the bike ready in case an odd 50 degree day pops up) and getting back out again in April. You know, I would love to not have to worry about the cold and snow. It kills all the sports car and motorcycle fun. If my career weren't based here, I would love to make a move!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Well, in Alaska, namely the North Pole where I live, it was 35 degrees there and 42 in town this morning. Winter is quickly approaching! I plan on lower/getting new shocks, bobbing the tail all the way off probably, flex array lighting for turn signals, relocate the rear signals, side mount plate, wrapping the headers in black heat tape, and....I think thats it. Next winter (unless I get unpatient) I'll be powdercoating as much of everything I can black...also saw someone who rhino linered all his skins. I thought it looked pretty good, so we'll see.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Seems like there's always something else to buy for these things. I think when winter comes here I'll put on a bigger fuel tank, and maybe taller bars. I did the pipes/ac/PC stuff already, and tell you the truth I dont think its worth the money. Still feels flat to me, although the dyno numbers are good.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Nothing new for me unless I attempt the Gazoo green paint I was originally gonna do this summer. And then for sure nothing until I get the hairdryer off the side!

·
Jack
377 Posts
thumbsupracing said:
until I get the hairdryer off the side!
????????

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Just bought a set of soild rims from leonmark, he is sending them to Gordys to have them CNC'd and chromed. While the winter is here putting those on with Metzlers and the chrome swingarm I bought from v10sport and the rear axle nut covers bought from HD. Also sending seats to awmss to have gel and memory foam put on.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Oregon is somewhat the same. Once October hits bike goes in the garage for a while. Plan on doing the UE tank mod and sending sheetmetal to a painter in Florida for some true blue flame/skull work.

Glenn

·
06 Night Rod
629 Posts
D&d

91Vette said:
Living in the good old midwest, I figure I have another couple months of decent riding weather before the cold stuff rolls in. So, I decided to give myself something to look forward to in the winter - namely - a few mods. I just purchased a PCIII USB off of e-bay ($266 w/free shipping). Next will be a D&D Fat Cat exhaust system (w/quiet baffles), K&N filter, & swingarm mounted pegs. I'll take my time with the parts (it makes things easier with my better half if I don't drop about a grand all at once) and have everything ready for some winter assembly. That should make next spring's riding season pretty fun. That is, unless I buy it all now and enjoy the last few months I have with a new exhaust:)
D&D fat cat sound awsome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts