Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Nh and october is here. I must say, after the summer on the dx, it has been the most satisfying purchase I have ever made next to that hooker in amster...:broke: nevermind. In all seriousness, it is going to piss me off to put it up for the winter. At any rate, for those in a similar situation enjoy the weather, the last of it, and get those miles on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
VROD4DROD said:
I live in Nh and october is here. I must say, after the summer on the dx, it has been the most satisfying purchase I have ever made next to that hooker in amster...:broke: nevermind. In all seriousness, it is going to piss me off to put it up for the winter. At any rate, for those in a similar situation enjoy the weather, the last of it, and get those miles on.

Agreed.. I live in mASS.

I too want a longer season. Therefor I'm bringing it to florida!!!!

Key west

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
you guys are lucky,mine is just arriving tomorrow,so Ill be lucky to get some nice weather riding in.....but then the sled will come out anyway,snowmobile season is also amazing!...;)

Dan

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think Kamiski has the right idea - follow the sun. I'm in Tahoe, and we had snow last week. :(

On the other hand, I'm sorta-kinda looking forward to a winter in the heated garage doing all the mods and fixups that have accumulated. (OK, maybe that's bullshit, just looking for a silver lining...)

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
I'm in Las Vegas and our riding season just got started last week-end. Riding season here is about nine months long, we take the summer off because it's too hot to ride during the day, have to do all our miles afterm the sun sets.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree on that hooker in amster......The DX is great hehehehehe

VROD4DROD said:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Fall riding in the Northeast is the best time to ride, cooler weather and the changing of the leaves makes for some nice senic rides....Its what comes after in the form of white stuff that SUCKS.....

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Hannibal Jr said:
What the hell is that? I only get two seasons a year down here. Hell and cold front season...Fall HA:soapbox:

I hear ya there Tex it's the same here. To damn hot to ride in the summer around here. That's why I got a boat too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It has been a different fall, we were riding all over Southwestern NH last weekend, and most of the leaves had not changed yet. What had changed were in a very muted color. This weekend is supposed to be Peak but it is not even close. At this time of year, as you can see the end coming, i don't want to get off the bike. Every minute i can.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
BRITT76 said:
12 month riding season here- no complaints. Wait- we do have a 'winter' where it "rains" (.02") 6 times in 2 months...i hate winter.
Contrary to popular belief SoCal does have four seasons, Fire, Flood, Earthquake and Riot. The good news is that we can ride for most of them.:dance: :dance:

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
DJ91 said:
I'm with BRITT76......

get to ride all year long............
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yea!!!!
Season, what season?

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
BRITT76 said:
12 month riding season here- no complaints. Wait- we do have a 'winter' where it "rains" (.02") 6 times in 2 months...i hate winter.
:them: Somehow we make it through those one or two days we cannot ride...

Has anyone noticed it is mostly So Cal folks posting on this thread :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
josephthreedogs said:
I'm in Las Vegas and our riding season just got started last week-end. Riding season here is about nine months long, we take the summer off because it's too hot to ride during the day, have to do all our miles afterm the sun sets.
Same same (nearly) here in New Mexico. We ride in the summer but have to stop every 30 minutes to rehydrate!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts