Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming to a final stop at a traffic light and as I was planting my right foot on the roadway suddenly there was no traction whatsoever! Scared the heck out of me. I did get my footing but only after a bit of quick dancing on my feet.
The whole thing was very strange. It was a wonderfully clear, dry day. Why would traction suddenly be lost? No oil, gravel, dirt, water, etc. Well, upon persistent inspection of the road and my feet I saw a folded up rather large maple leaf on the sole of my boot. It made the road as slick as ice.
So, ride safely friends and remember those pretty leaves do exactly what the name of the season tells us they do and they do so onto the roads.

Originally posted at Harley-DavidsonForums.com

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Going to need it soon as the leaves will be falling shortly.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Good point. The Dallas area has few trees.....but...it only takes one leaf :)

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
worst is when they get wind stuck to your visor, right in you field of vision

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
luxlamf said:
Wet leaves? What the Hell are those?
those brown, red, orange, yellow thingies that fall from trees
real trees not palm trees :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
.....I can see that posing a problem, but try to maneuver when a 9' long palm frond falls on the road in front of you!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luxlamf said:
Wet leaves? What the Hell are those?
Don't you at least have a catalogue at work from which you may order some?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
Don't you at least have a catalogue at work from which you may order some?
A bag of fake leaves is $120 (about a waste basket sized bag) and a box of fake snow $200 (a 24in box). I laff a little each time I need to order one.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
I was coming to a final stop at a traffic light and as I was planting my right foot on the roadway suddenly there was no traction whatsoever! Scared the heck out of me. I did get my footing but only after a bit of quick dancing on my feet.
The whole thing was very strange. It was a wonderfully clear, dry day. Why would traction suddenly be lost? No oil, gravel, dirt, water, etc. Well, upon persistent inspection of the road and my feet I saw a folded up rather large maple leaf on the sole of my boot. It made the road as slick as ice.
So, ride safely friends and remember those pretty leaves do exactly what the name of the season tells us they do and they do so onto the roads.

Originally posted at Harley-DavidsonForums.com
Autum?!?!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pine needles and sand work as well if you want to bust your a$$. Be careful all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts