Votes: 2 8.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've looked a few dates. I'm thinking Sept is out due to KC, so that puts us in Oct. I'm thinking either the weekend of 19-21 Oct or 26-28 Oct. The average temp then is high of 68 and lo of 44. Now, if we wait until the weekend of 2-4 Nov, it's considered "off-peak" and will be considerably cheaper, but it will be colder; average hi-59, lo-36.

I'm looking at coming in on a Friday afternoon/evening, having a catered dinner (nothing fancy), riding all day Sat (Cherohala-Foothills loop+Dragon), then a Sun departure. If we do an arranged dinner, I might ask for a small registration fee to cover the dinner.

What do y'all think about this? If someone else wants to take the reigns and go for an earlier date, please feel free!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do we have one?!

You're going to go this time right? Don't let VRODpgs be the only PA dude to go!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
NightMare said:
Do we have one?!
If you like we can start a NightMare cult/worship sticky.:angeldev:
NightMare said:
You're going to go this time right? Don't let VRODpgs be the only PA dude to go!
You know Kerri, I would absolutely love to be there. But, as with the KC rally I have two kids that need tending to... sorry. Both my wife and I have tried to figure a way to make the Rally and maybe one of your Dragon runs...But, No dice. My boy is in high school and isn't very reliable (arn't they all) to watch his sister let alone take care of himself. The girl is in kiddygarden and goes 1/2 days. And no, no one close enough to watch them. I figured I'd need all day Thursday to Monday night to do the Dragon. I can only get my Dad to watch them Saturday and part of Sunday. Forget the KC rally.... That sucks cause like I said before I have that week off of work! Oh well. Not enough time. Better then being :broke: for a change.:D

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beth, I hear ya, but if we push it back too far into Nov, we'll be under threat of snow and other associated wintery things. Sorry!

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Kerri what is the cost for a room down there (two single beds for my Dad and I). I'm probably going to have to cancel the Rally this year due to all the damn trips to Indiana and Pennsylvania, but since this is about 1/2 the distance I may be able to afford it. Thanks, Bryan

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If we get the same deal as last time, it'll be about $75 a night for either a king or two doubles. We'll get 15% off the Lodge room. The rooms are really very nice. Check it out: www.fontanavillage.com

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
oh i wasnt asking to push it back that first weekend is fine... i am just saying that is when i could go oct is too crazy busy for me as it is at the moment that first weekend in nov would be my first free weekend..

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
hahah capt.. i work for myself.. and am fairl flexible but my weekends have found a way to be full most of the summer and into the fall

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Either date works for me. But my birthday is on the 27th so I probably need to hang around the house for that. LOL

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
I was talking to RotorHead when we were there last week and he was saying that Oct. is a terrible time to ride the area as that is when the leaves begin to change and the roads are so loaded down with tourists that it is bumper to bumper at 10mph or less. Kind of like the Cats Cade loop which really sucked.

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
Although the last weekend in Oct.is when I am planning to go back to Florida for the winter so I could stop along the way down and play some more with all you boys and girls. I promise I'll try to play nice with the sport bikes.:angeldev:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
With all the lack of rainfall this year it will probably be an early fall and the leaves should be gone by the end of Oct,

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Qwk Rod said:
Although the last weekend in Oct.is when I am planning to go back to Florida for the winter so I could stop along the way down and play some more with all you boys and girls. I promise I'll try to play nice with the sport bikes.:angeldev:
That would be great!

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Qwk Rod said:
Bob, the next time we go up I plan to have video and cameras mounted to the bike so I don't want you to play nice with the "other bikes". LOL

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bob, I know what you're saying about the leaves and actually that last week there is some sort of leaf hike going on at Fontana, but I'm hoping the weather is going to affect the place like you say and the leaves will drop off early. Seems to me there were some leaves falling off in some places already when we were up there last.

I'll give Fontana a call on Monday and see what they think about it. Thanks for the input folks! Keep it coming! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.