Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am familiar with some issues people are having using Falicon cranks. I was reading this months Cycle World and came across a very interesting article. Its not related to Vrods, but is still interesting.
Whats going on at Falicon these days?

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Joe I don't understand them, I emailed them twice a couple of months back with questions and never even got a response in any way from them. Customer service doesn't seem to be a priority with them.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently performance is not a priority either. It seems they would of taken care of a CW contributors motor issue. Rather than the route they went with it.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Hmmm, mental note to self -- Stay away from Falicon cranks.. :angelwin:

·
JESUS IS LORD
469 Posts
Hi Joe
I always try to be a nice guy so I'll just say this.
I have some very cool very high priced exzotic metal paper wieghts.:mad:

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
big rich said:
Hi Joe
Rich, I have a blown up motor parts collection. Do you have anything you could contribute? If so bring it to "The Rock".

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
so what other options is there for a 1/4 stroker crank?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Well, that's damn encouraging, isn't it?

·
Registered
898 Posts
big rich said:
Hi Joe
Id rather toss the crank through their front window.

·
orig member feb 2004
724 Posts
FALICON CRANKSHAFT COMPONENTS, INC.

...is known world wide as the leader in motorcycle crankshaft and crank component manufacturing. Our excellent reputation and experience has made us successful at manufacturing motorcycle performance for over 30 years. Our Custom Stroke©; Billet Cranks and The Knife® Con Rods win road races in various forms of competition somewhere in the world each day. Falicon Pro Stock Cranks have won almost every NHRA National Pro Stock Motorcycle drag race event for the past five years. We know racing because we go racing.

Crankshafts are a way of life at Falicon; we don't bore cylinders, port heads or spend time on non-crank related efforts. Our focus on crankshafts means our customers will always get the latest and the greatest when it comes to our cranks and crank-related products.
I read somewhere that the U.S. Suzuki Corporation and Yamaha Motor Corporation USA has chosen Falicon as their motorcycle and ATV crank re-builder for all of the United States, is this true?

Yes, we are proud to say that both U.S. Suzuki Corporation and Yamaha Motor Corporation USA thinks enough of our crank knowledge that they chose us as the crankshaft people that they recommend. We also work with all of the factory race teams in the preparation of their engines.

I've dealt with falicon for 10 years and have had zero problems with
using their products and crankshaft services for myself as well as customers.
Not saying they don't have any,Most large business's have some kind of percieved
customer and or product issues,I'm sure vrod cranks are a very small %
of their sales,less than 1% monthly.
The only vrod crank failure I've seen or heard of were the welded re-ground cranks.
One 3mm after the rods welded themselves to it. And three 6mm at the weld.
I do not believe they do the 6mm welded anymore.:D

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
SLICKROD said:
I've dealt with falicon for 10 years and have had zero problems with
using their products and crankshaft services for myself as well as customers.
Not saying they don't have any,Most large business's have some kind of percieved
customer and or product issues,I'm sure vrod cranks are a very small %
of their sales,less than 1% monthly.
The only vrod crank failure I've seen or heard of were the welded re-ground cranks.
One 3mm after the rods welded themselves to it. And three 6mm at the weld.
I do not believe they do the 6mm welded anymore.:D
Only ones I've heard of are the billet ones they make - a yellow ghost flame bike comes to my mind.

I thought the re-ground ones were a good crank?????????? Glad I got my destroyer crank then.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
4000+ miles on my welded crank-1430cc

No problems!

·
orig member feb 2004
724 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
Only ones I've heard of are the billet ones they make - a yellow ghost flame bike comes to my mind.

I thought the re-ground ones were a good crank?????????? Glad I got my destroyer crank then.
That would be ONE, as far as IF the billet custom balanced crank,
Was defective, should have been caught during assembly IMHO.
What ever the cause,it was repaired,returned and installed.
Don't get too confident,Harley's crankshaft supplier history is far from stellar.:D

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
SLICKROD said:
That would be ONE, as far as IF the billet custom balanced crank,
Was defective, should have been caught during assembly IMHO.
What ever the cause,it was repaired,returned and installed.
Don't get too confident,Harley's crankshaft supplier history is far from stellar.:D
That crank hasn't been returned to me. I currently have a 1/4" regrind in the bike.

·
orig member feb 2004
724 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
That crank hasn't been returned to me. I currently have a 1/4" regrind in the bike.
My mistake,thought that was the long delay waiting on falicon to
repair it.:D

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
After reading the article.It seems the 1st problem stemmed from the first builder that shoulda spun the engine to look and observe if there was any clearance issues.

·
JESUS IS LORD
469 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Rich, I have a blown up motor parts collection. Do you have anything you could contribute? If so bring it to "The Rock".

I have a nice rod and piston I bring to the rock.
leaving in 45 min.:driving:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i have never had any problems with falicon parts .but i haven`t used any thing from them except a 1/4 inch welded stroker for a v-rod in the last ten years. in the 80`s when i was racing in the idba i used falicon cranks in all my kawasaki`s and always got a good unit and good service. i hope they haven`t gone down hill as bad as this sounds. i went through the factory in 1982 and tom was a really nice guy.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts