1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Thats likely the RoadRod from Cyclevisions. They are about to announce a mounting for the "glide" trunk for the V-Rod. It won't clear the standard bags, though.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okie, thats it. Both the fairing and rear.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
good thinking Kaz. For the amount of $$$ this conversion takes, those itemws would be really nice

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Okie - I'm sure that is the Cyclevisions kit. http://www.cyclevisions.com/roadrod.html

Kaz - I called them a couple of weeks ago. The Rear seat backrest / trunk option is coming, but likely won't work with the V-rod bags. You have to go "whole hog" with them, it seems. They don't have anything yet going on fuel increase, but have noted the need. I suspect everyone is worried about the potential liability.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Those rear bags need to flow with the bike better. They look like crap in that shape. The trunk will need to match and have a backrest and speakers and armrests like the e glide, and the seat needs to go further than any currently available v-rod seat in the comfort/armchair department. A little more thought to the front fairing would be nice too, but it's close. Also, if it's a tourer, the wheels probably shouldn't be solid, if you think they increase wind buffeting. If you don't, and I'm a fence sitter until I can do side by side comparisons because the scientific theory I have seen is inconclusive, I think the bike looks best with big solid shiny wheels, but that's just me.

It's not a v-rod, but I like it anyway. Cool looking tourer if you ask me. Sixth gear would help, and a 28 tooth for better handling and less clutch riding down low when you have all that added weight to worry about.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
The fairing and bag tops are HD parts. So they are more than "close" to the standard HD. I agree about the pasenger seat , speakers, etc. One day HD will do something like this. I have to say that the '04 SE Road King ($32K) with the 103 CI motor, is a pretty nice bagger. Goes like mad!

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Peek around the user galleries, we have a member who put a fairing on his bike just like that. Forgot his name tho'... sorry.

KARAF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts