Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May have to sell my '09 VRSCAW with <3k miles. Bike has ABS, factory security, Tab baffled slip-ons, SERT, mini-footboards and LED taillight. I've checked KBB, NADA and cycletrader to get an idea for what a reasonable asking price would be, but they all seem too high versus "real world" sales prices.

Any idea what a fair asking price would be? Appreciate any feedback.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
11-13, but might be high, too. As much as you can get, but, finding the right buyer! Sad you gotta sell. Good luck! Joe

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can always come down to meet an offer. Just don't price it higher than the 2011 models, that is embarrassing. (just kidding)

Good luck with your sale:cheers:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Speaking in round numbers,an 09 AW in excellent shape, w abs and low miles should retail for 14.That aint gonna happen with the pricing of the 2011's.
An 09 AW in excellent shape,abs and low miles should wholesale for 10.I think that's on the high side.

I sold my 04 Heritage in excellent shape a couple of months ago.It should have brought around 13,5.I settled for 500 over wholesale,bringing me a whopping 9 grand!
The dealer I wholesaled it to sold it within a couple of days for 2 grand less than retail.

It's a buyers market,not a sellers market in today's economy.

·
George
5,411 Posts
I may have a buyer for you.... let me check, and I'll PM if they are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. It is much appreciated.

Everyone is in the ballpark of what I was thinking. Not a great time to sell a "luxury" item, but that's the way it works sometimes. It was bought to enjoy (and it has been) and not as an investment! I'm not 100% certain I'll have to sell, so we'll see how it goes...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. It is much appreciated.

Everyone is in the ballpark of what I was thinking. Not a great time to sell a "luxury" item, but that's the way it works sometimes. It was bought to enjoy (and it has been) and not as an investment! I'm not 100% certain I'll have to sell, so we'll see how it goes...
There will always be ragged edges.If you keep hammering away,things will get better faster than you can imagine.
In exactly 2 months,I have twisted my situation completely around without falling behind one dollar.I still have several play toys and I feel pretty good about myself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've bought 8 bikes in the last 2 years, and KBB trade in is usually what the go for.

I wish I'd have bought Elrod's '04 Heritage. If I could have sold the V quick enough I would have, but the V isn't sellin'. Not even a bite on it, then again, I'm not giving it away so I'm probably "stuck" with it, which is OK too, I love it, but I have to find a seat for it with a riders backrest, mu back KILLS ME !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Ultra, get a corbin seat. Comfort has no pricetags! Joe

·
Registered
245 Posts
Corbin is what I'm getting, soon as I find a used 1 reasonably priced. I just dumped $2K in my E.G. and funds are limited. If I find a seat before the bike sells, I'll keep the V, I'm sure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
so do you think $10,000 for an 08 Stock DX with 2,600 miles is too much?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
In the middle of winter, expect low end. If you can hang on until riding season, you do better. Ask 10K, and see!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts