Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fair Price for an '03 Annodized vs. '04 Black B???

I am looking at a spotless '03 annodized with:

421 Miles
SE Pipes
28 Tooth Front Pulley
Pullback Bars
and all original parts

They were asking 16,900 and when asked said they would take 16,000...which I think I could get a little lower. Is this a good range???

My other option is working on a good price for an '04 B, best quote so far was $16,250.

Thanks for all the help...I bought the '03 Saturday 4/3/04!!!!! :cheers:

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
In the Oregon market, that's a good buy on the used stainless bike. After a week of riding, it'll make no diff to you that you got a bike with 400 miles on it or 0 miles on it (as long as the previous owner followed break-in procedure...e.g. didn't rev the guts out of it). Chrome-wise, the VRCSA is a better value than the B. Personally I like the silver frame because it's more visible, but to each their own. You can't go wrong in either case. If V-rods cost twice as much, I would still have wanted one.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
I got my 2003 VRSCA, 100th anniversary in aluminum, NO Extra parts, just the stock bike and a 4 year warranty for $15,700 from Shiawassee Harley Davidson in New Lothrop Michigan. Really great salesman, NO attitudes like 90% of the other sealers. This is far the best deal I found. Got some comparable deals in norther Ohio starting at $16,000 for a new 03 and starting at $17k in the rest of Michigan...with only a one year warranty from both places. I could have got my bike with a 1yr waranty for $15,200, but for $500 more, I decided to go with the 4 year warranty. If nothing else, when/if I am ready to sell this bike for a new model VRSCA, the warranty transfers as well.

At $16 grand I think that is a pretty fair deal assuming it was not a demo bike that was beaten like a red headed step child!

Gary

·
Registered
503 Posts
take the 03 for 16,000 ish... it's got 850.00 in extra's... the b model lacks chrome... the dealer isn't "done with you" at the asking price... take the used one

·
Registered
503 Posts
elyria HD, elyria, Ohio... claims they are getting MSRP for 04 v rods... no more 03's

as dungeonworks said.. there's still some 03's in Michigan/northern, ohio.. but that's a long way from you

·
Registered
214 Posts
For all the above reasons... and 03's are getting more and more scarce... take it! Still too soon to tell, but I think the 03's will hold value a little longer (in my opinion).

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
It would be nice if we could order them and have them custom made for each person.Meaning I want a black frame with the black motor ,but chromed,04 riser,willi g seat,etc.Then there would be no A,B versions it would just be 04,05,06,and so on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Between the answers here and the ones to my question on keeping the Black 'B' clean, you've got me leaning towards the '03 Annodized...Is this the consensus???

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Flip a Quarter !You can't Loose on the One! :thumb:

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
SobrietySucks...love that name! :plause:

Get the one that apeals to YOU. It will be your hard earned $$$ you're plunkin' down for your bike and it should be YOU that is happy with it. I think both models are nice looking rides and have a real soft spot for the custom painted ones like the work of a dude named Ozzy paints as well as many other painters. Just really cool stuff all around for this bike...black or silver. :vrod:

Gary

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
My $0.02

The immaculate '03 with anno' is a great deal at $15K. A good deal at $15,500, and a fair price at $16K.

Stock '03's with very low milage seem to be getting in the mid $14K's on ebay. Course then you've gotta' ship it. So, a bike you can actually touch and feel is worth a bit more.

IMHO: Go for the anodize. It's so much 'harder' than paint. Very easy to care for and always looks good (and unique). You can just wipe the dirt off with a rag- and it doesn't put little scratches in your paint.

You cannot buy an '04 with ano' skins and a chromed engine! Although I imagine you'd have no problem trading your more expensive painted skins for someone else's ano's. This is how the bike was envisioned by the man Willie G. This is how it looks best.

... short of adding a set of those really fabulous Ozzy skins. They're very very cool.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Dungeon...I hear you loud and clear...One thing learned over the years is that a wise man listens to many, and then makes his own decision based on his evaluation of all he takes in and feels...this is why I am grateful for ALL(!!!) of you who reply and give advice to me and the other members on this forum...I haven't been a member long, but I'm sure I'll be around for awhile....I love the fact that this a place of honor and respect, with little flaming comments...Ride it like you mean it!!!

Also, Sobriety can be your friend.....but with me, it doesn't last long!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got my 03 for $15000 with 4 miles on it. I have added some goodies. Looks like you can't go wrong either way you go but I believe you could get the 04 for a better deal...but your gonna spend some cash getting it to the level of the 03. Get some paper out and make 2 collumns....write the pros and cons of each bike and make a decision. Your are gonna love whatever choice you make. This bike is awsome!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did it...got 'em down to $15,750 for the '03 Anodized and I pulled the trigger!!!! I pick it up the middle of this week when we MAY have good enough weather.

Thanks to all for the input!

·
Registered
974 Posts
One has a warranty - one probably does not have much left.
One already has 28 tooth sprocket and one probably doesn't.
One comes with a relationship to a dealer and one may not.
But the 03 does have more chrome as said in previous posts.
Just My Opinion,
BobT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts