Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to remove air filter pan to replace throttle cables. 6 hexhead capscrews holding pan to throttle body via velocity stacks.

No problem, grab 5mm hex to remove. Can't get into one of them, skip till last. Still can't get it to fit, grab 3/16 hex, proceed to back it out of throttle body and watch as it pulls aluminum thread out with it.

Some MF'er put an SAE 1/4"x20 where a 6mmx1.0 should be. As it is the threads are munched, gonna need a helicoil to fix now.

I had the battery replaced under warranty first month of ownership, does the pan need to come out to do this or is it an assembly line mistake? Just wondering, nothing I can do about it now.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Had to remove air filter pan to replace throttle cables. 6 hexhead capscrews holding pan to throttle body via velocity stacks.

No problem, grab 5mm hex to remove. Can't get into one of them, skip till last. Still can't get it to fit, grab 3/16 hex, proceed to back it out of throttle body and watch as it pulls aluminum thread out with it.

Some MF'er put an SAE 1/4"x20 where a 6mmx1.0 should be. As it is the threads are munched, gonna need a helicoil to fix now.

I had the battery replaced under warranty first month of ownership, does the pan need to come out to do this or is it an assembly line mistake? Just wondering, nothing I can do about it now.
Whoever replaced battery for sure. Not likely to have happened on a production line.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would have to agree that it happened with battery change. Just another reason to avoid the dealership. But I understand in this case you had no choice for warranty. I doubt there is anything you can do other than fix it and move on. What was he thinking anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts