Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
The shame is that we fall for it, that it works. We are more gullible a society than ever before and digressing.
Ya think so? (sarcasm) To me, the fall of society is centered around the social media, the glamorizing of celebrities whether be Hollywood, sports, etc., the Liberalism of the colleges and universities and a host of other crap! :deal:

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Ya think so? (sarcasm) To me, the fall of society is centered around the social media, the glamorizing of celebrities whether be Hollywood, sports, etc., the Liberalism of the colleges and universities and a host of other crap! :deal:
Add lack of parenting and all media.

The lack of self esteem and desire to be somebody else has society angry, pissed off and miserable. Social media feeds it.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I am saying that people who hide behind a computer screen or smartphone sometimes say things out of thier league. No different than the person who calls out someone who cant do the thing he is called out on...
Facebook is a great place to be stong, connect, and be alone and weak all at the same time.
My opinon of the issue is that I find HD one of the best bike companys in the world. Covering all my needs and wants, yet other feel that HD is dragging feet and not entertaining the other side of bikes. So now we have a divide. Notice that I post my love for HD only in an HD forum my "safe place" with a captive audience. Thus I feel that my opinon of being strong, connected, alone and weak are valid.
I also understand that going to the Goldwing forum and chanting HD rules or Goldwing sucks will not make either bike better or worse. My opinon to someone with an opposing opinion only creates friction, whereas my opinon to someone with the same opinon creates nothing but an agreement of opinions, and that alone dose not make that opinion correct.
This is where social media lives, on the subject of opinions...and unlike three lefts make a right, or three rights make a left, no amount of opinions make a correct opionion.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Deep Stuff

I am saying that people who hide behind a computer screen or smartphone sometimes say things out of thier league. No different than the person who calls out someone who cant do the thing he is called out on...
Facebook is a great place to be stong, connect, and be alone and weak all at the same time.
My opinon of the issue is that I find HD one of the best bike companys in the world. Covering all my needs and wants, yet other feel that HD is dragging feet and not entertaining the other side of bikes. So now we have a divide. Notice that I post my love for HD only in an HD forum my "safe place" with a captive audience. Thus I feel that my opinon of being strong, connected, alone and weak are valid.
I also understand that going to the Goldwing forum and chanting HD rules or Goldwing sucks will not make either bike better or worse. My opinon to someone with an opposing opinion only creates friction, whereas my opinon to someone with the same opinon creates nothing but an agreement of opinions, and that alone dose not make that opinion correct.
This is where social media lives, on the subject of opinions...and unlike three lefts make a right, or three rights make a left, no amount of opinions make a correct opionion.
Perception is often reality. In business it is definitely so. Enough opinions that HD sucks, then it sucks and sales will reflect it. Those opinions could be wrong or right but will effect the MoCo's judgement and decision making as has been the case for decades. Hence the M8 band-aid and discontinuation of the V-Rod (if and for now).

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Perception is often reality. In business it is definitely so. Enough opinions that HD sucks, then it sucks and sales will reflect it. Those opinions could be wrong or right but will effect the MoCo's judgement and decision making as has been the case for decades. Hence the M8 band-aid and discontinuation of the V-Rod (if and for now).
Preception is different than opinon. Preception has facts and truths, opinion is a personal thought.
Preception is not personal
Opinon is personal

Perpception has common ground
Opinion is either mine or your wrong.

And yes preception dose drive bussiness

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Preception is different than opinon. Preception has facts and truths, opinion is a personal thought.
Preception is not personal
Opinon is personal

Perpception has common ground
Opinion is either mine or your wrong.

And yes preception dose drive bussiness
Perception is opinion, both are pure interpretation, therefore opinionated in nature, and inherently personal and easily influenced.
Perception is often skewed by personal feelings and mindsets or experiences therefore can cover a wide range of "interpretations" based on each "individual" - therefore extremely personal.
All based on individual intuitive cognition and capacity for comprehension.

Recent events show just how perception can be skewed, twisted, spun, *avoided, and a wide range of conclusions based on personal needs or wants or influence.

·
VRSC est -03
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How many Facebook group members does it take to change a spark plug?

1 to change the spark plug and to post that spark plug has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing spark plugs and how the spark plug could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing spark plugs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing spark plugs.

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "spark plug" is an electrical device threaded into the cylinder of an internal-combustion engine to ignite the fuel mixture by producing timed sparks between electrodes.

2 to post that this group is not about spark plugs and to please take this discussion to a spark plug group.

27 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use spark plugs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

16 to debate which method of changing spark plugs is superior, where to buy the best spark plugs, what brand of spark plugs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

2 to post URL's where one can see examples of different spark plugs.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the spark plug controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the spark plugs FAQ.

16 to post "F".

44 to ask what is a "F"?

1 snowflake to say it's unfair on trans or gender neutrals and have not been properly accommodated in spark plug traditional male female models postings

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

3 to say "do a Google search on spark plugs before posting questions about spark plugs".

14 to post photos of spark plugs they own.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

·
Asatruar
2,940 Posts
:rofl2:

Although I'll need to take your word for that Knut.

Two years later, and I'm still not on Facebook !

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
How many Facebook group members does it take to change a spark plug?

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

:stilpoke: I've had a lot of time on my hand with the shut-down, too much on FB and various forums, it's all still a time sucker.:D

·
Horsepower Whisperer
724 Posts
I still have not set foot inside the bookface world. :box2

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
There is a reason why I refer to facebook as " FACEPLANT :banghead: " which is just an extremely condensed version of the excellent, truthful, funny & properly lengthy description of facebook that KnutJ posted - he probably has the time to analyze it up there at the Arctic Circle, Norway ! All V Rodders in unfrozen areas must unite without facebook - make today a " rev it up & ride for KnutJ day " ! Cheers KnutJ, :notworth: may spring come early for you ! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would have liked to have seen this forum in its prime, when Facebook or not was a valid question. As a new Vrod owner, I would rather be on this forum, but it seems that is a ghost town, the only people answering questions are on Facebook. What happened here that caused most to leave or ignore this site?

·
Horsepower Whisperer
724 Posts
I've still never set foot inside the bookface. Wouldn't have a clue. Never will.
As far as this place being a ghost town? Meh. Every question has been answered. Search function should take care of that. :deal:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts