ניין עס איז בייז!
لا هو الشر!
不是邪惡!
:soapbox:

I will not be assimilated ! :popcorn

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Read my sig. I know too many who have lost friendships and family over facebook.

Its an electronic water cooler, where you dont even get to confront someone face to face. so much for the lieing name.

Now on the otherhand I heard of a guy who didnt get a job because the employer said he was lieing about haveing no facebook account.

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
Not to worry Chuck,there's a few of us who have never had a FaceBorg account.
As for losing a job offer,I'm retired. No longer my circus, no longer one of the monkeys.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Not all Good

It could have and should have been all good. However, the human psyche, the human "needs" , always leave their mark, good and bad on every new piece of tech or invention. Narcissism doesn't help either.

Even a damn cell-phone is too much for these idiots to handle and are causing accidents, deaths, injuries.
How many unwanted, trivial phone conversations do you hear in restaurants, bars, shopping, ect.? Waiting at lights?

Anyone here responsible for any of that? :angeldev: I didn't think so.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Never really appealed to me.Hollywood for the masses or whatever it is they think they are crapping on about.
CB radio, now there was a technology that was entertaining.
Had it all,weather vagaries, cool lingo,anonymity,no monthly plan fee,thrill of the chase from the Department of Communications inspectors for farting on air, fox hunts,QSL cards,radar/ breathalyser avoidance,etc.Give me a six foot whip any day rubber ducky.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I was in college when Facebook started. I got on there in 04 or 05. Back then, you had to be a college student to get an account. It was completely different then compared to what it is now. After almost 10 years of using it, it had gradually changed into what it is now- and I pulled the plug and NEVER looked back. Life is better without Facebook. I don't even let people show me the stupid memes and videos from Facebook on their phones. I tell them I don't care. If I wanted to see all that garbage, I'd have an account.

My best friend passed away last summer. And his sister had to find out about his death on Facebook. Other friends have posted to announce their engagements, or pregnancy before actually telling their loved ones in person. People are so messed up anymore.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not for me, I'm wasting enough time on the internet already.
My wife is on there though, so I hear plenty of things that I don't care about.

·
Horsepower Whisperer
724 Posts
People will send me crap from bookface, and I'll tell them I'm not allowed to look at it.
They ask why not?
Because I don't have a password.
How can you have an account with no password they ask?
Exactly!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Facebook knows far to much about what you do!

As a federal police officer it's great; we find people on the run cause they can't help posting crap or posting doing something illegal Facebook his checked by all police depts now PI's I have a account with 0 friends pics or any data just for when some sites now demand a google or facebook account to log into

·
Registered
704 Posts
Facebook knows far to much about what you do!

As a federal police officer it's great; we find people on the run cause they can't help posting crap or posting doing something illegal Facebook his checked by all police depts now PI's I have a account with 0 friends pics or any data just for when some sites now demand a google or facebook account to log into

It's pretty funny when criminals practically turn themselves in, or confess to crimes using Facebook. 90% of people post all their info on there: height, weight, age, what vehicles they drive, where they live, etc. why would anyone want to tell the whole world all their info? Even if you make it "private", Facebook owns all your data and could sell it to the highest bidder, or "big brother".

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I despise facebook and social media in general. That's my personal preference. Ironically I work for a software company and have to be on FB for work to access FB Messenger.

Speaking of which, FB Messenger as a customer service channel is starting to take off.

One good to come from social media is the disruption to the monopoly control of traditional media.

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
There are good points about having it, long distance family contact is great.
But too many negatives mentioned above, I'm trying to moderate my use of it because it's definitely a time sucker if you aren't disciplined .

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Worst thing ever created. Dangerous! Don't know how they get away with the default settings being to share everything with everyody. If you don't know anything about it you wouldn't realise. Default should be share nothing, then choose if you want to share. I created an account when it first became popular because a friend said it was good. Never use it. CRAP.

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
Old Chinese Proverb said:
Tell a lie a thousand times and it becomes a truth.
Facebook and the social media sites have made it real easy to spread lies and false truths about anything and anyone. IF you want to hurt someone simply post a lie about them on Facebook and everyone in the world believes it in a matter of a few nanoseconds.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Is facebook a necessity for today's gearheads? And why? Upload your opinion. :deal:
There was a time this forum was THE place to get vrod help and info, but today, a faster way may be facebook... there are people all over the world in a few of the vrod groups that can chime in and help you... this place is great for the knowledge that is stored, but for an instant fix, facebook may be better

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Facebook and the social media sites have made it real easy to spread lies and false truths about anything and anyone. IF you want to hurt someone simply post a lie about them on Facebook and everyone in the world believes it in a matter of a few nanoseconds.
Not to mention more serious matters of state.

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts
Not to mention more serious matters of state.
Considering (((who))) owns Facebook. It's not surprising. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Considering (((who))) owns Facebook. It's not surprising. :hidesbeh:
True, however, most members are on their own. I have no doubt facebook is being used and manipulated for a host of reasons, both good and to spread BS and both, professionally and by the house mouse. The shame is that we fall for it, that it works. We are more gullible a society than ever before and digressing.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts