Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the complete chrome kit that is used to mount the engine gaurd bars on your Vrod. It is the chrome bracket clamp that goes above the radiator cover and under the voltage regulator that holds the tubular portion of the gaurd in like a clamped position, and also the portions that clamp on the footpeg mounting portion of the frame that hold the lower of the engine gaurd. Also all the required hardware. I bought this kit a while back to possibly use just the upper chrome bracket to mount a fabricated straight cross 1 inch diameter chrome driving light bar on my wife's Vrod, as I did on my own Vrod, which I never did, and now she no longer owns a Vrod, she switched to a Dyna. This kit is brand new, I removed it from the packaging only for the photos. You could also use this kit to install the HD chrome accessory engine gaurd as it is actually intended, as with this kit all you need is the left and right bar tubes in addition to. I believe this fits all Vrods except VRSCFs. I use Paypal, PM if interested. $80 shipped to the 48 states.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can you post a photo or two of the light bar you are referring to? Sounds like a cool idea, and it might bring more interest.

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have any photos of it, but I got the idea from a VRSCX I saw at my local dealer. Someone took a piece of 20" long 1 1/4" chrome tube, and used the upper engine gaurd mounting bracket (that also accepts the 1 1/4" tube engine gaurd tube) and made a nice light bar to use the HD driving light kit on it, it gives you the nice chrome driving lights (that you can buy at your local dealer) for the engine gaurd without the entire engine gaurd lookin all big on the bike, pretty nifty idea. I did this on my Vrod, but never got to my wife's rod to do it to. I found 1 1/4" chrome tube on ebay, I bought handlerbars cheap and cut them down to fit. What im selling here is the engine gaurd kit you need to mount the chrome tube you would have to supply. That or you could still use these parts to mount the engine gaurd if you have it, they are brand new chrome with all the hardware. $60 shipped.

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, this kit im selling also includes plastic end caps for the 1 1/4" bar as well! Its another part used when installing the actual engine gaurd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts