Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed my clutch was shifting hard into first, dragging if I started it in gear ,etc.

Bleed the clutch, no problem. done it before...

5,000 miles on the fluid, black as night - normal.

Flush everything out using a Mighty vac(automotive bleeder, vacuum pump).
Run 2 or 3 reservoirs thru- no bubbles. Start bike, put in gear, wheel starts spinning with clutch lever still in.. Run 2 more reservoirs thru - same [email protected]#$.

Do it Harley's way - cracking banjo,bleeder with clutch depressed - spray fluid all over me and my bike. Clutch still wont disengage....

:banghead: :banghead:

Suggestions?

Gotta ride tomorrow @ 9am. No time left to mess with tonight..:bash:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I assume you are referring to the wheel spinning when up on the lift? This is normal. There will always be some friction between the plates even with the clutch pulled in. Put some pressure on the rear brake and it should stop relatively easy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not just spinning, clunks into gear, if I put slight pressure on the shifter it grinds the gears - tranny is spinning.

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Mine started to act like that when it was leaking out of the rubber boot for the master cylinder bore. I first noticed dirty fluid forming around the lever pin. I had a similar experience with the banjo bleeding also.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
parkus said:
Mine started to act like that when it was leaking out of the rubber boot for the master cylinder bore. I first noticed dirty fluid forming around the lever pin. I had a similar experience with the banjo bleeding also.

So I have to rebuild the master. It has been making a squishy noise when I pull the lever.

How do I get this thing bled so I can ride tomorrow? Patience? Bleed till I can't take it anymore? :banghead:

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Ken is right, it will spin while on the lift. One thing I have done is to back the 3 screws for the slave cylinder out about 3/4, gently pull the clutch lever several times until the slave has pushed tight against the screws and then slowly tighten the screws on the slave cycinder. It's worth a shot. Like I said it has worked for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts