Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Jon45
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out for my usual Sunday ride and about 45mins into it, noticed the Key icon in Red highlighted? at first thought of battery fob is RS, then further down the road all gauges dropped off and came back on. Then it started getting micro engine shutdowns with a few backfires and went on, no probs for a while. So these little issues became more frequent so I'm heading home and 10min from home, and she backfires and just dies, Kilometer digits just flicker then fade out and battery is dead,No Go and ring for pickup 2hrs later Tow truck takes me home and I'm done.
Q..Is this just the battery shit itself, about 2yrs old, or is it something else electrical?, anybody else had a similar situation?
Any assistance would be appreciated,馃憤
DONT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT GETTING A 'STEALER' INVOLVED!馃槤馃槀

VRSC est -03
Measure voltage battery, charge it, measure one more time, shouldn`t drop below 12v.
Check battery connections, may be loose? Check ground connections, top engine and bottom part/oil pan engine.

Registered
Also, battery voltage shouldn鈥檛 drop excessively while loaded (cranking engine). Anything below 9.6v and the ECU won鈥檛 work.... if she starts should charge around 13.5

Jon45
Discussion Starter #6
So I was out for my usual Sunday ride and about 45mins into it, noticed the Key icon in Red highlighted? at first thought of battery fob is RS, then further down the road all gauges dropped off and came back on. Then it started getting micro engine shutdowns with a few backfires and went on, no probs for a while. So these little issues became more frequent so I'm heading home and 10min from home, and she backfires and just dies, Kilometer digits just flicker then fade out and battery is dead,No Go and ring for pickup 2hrs later Tow truck takes me home and I'm done.
Q..Is this just the battery shit itself, about 2yrs old, or is it something else electrical?, anybody else had a similar situation?
Any assistance would be appreciated,馃憤
DONT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT GETTING A 'STEALER' INVOLVED!馃槤馃槀
Thanx for the input guy's,I will try all suggested..I put battery on charge and it was drained,so i will test under load ,but Im thinking the battery's RS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts