Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have been tooling the idea of getting the Muscle as my 2nd bike. I sat on 1 and boy it is very heavy compare to my 03A. for a comparison, my 103 lbs GF can sit on my bike, grab the bar and straighten the bike with her thighs. on the Muscle she couldn't even move it. I tired, and yes, it feels like i am trying to move a softail.

I know some of you has trade up to F from older V, so what do you say about this? do you notice the weight increase? How is the handling compare to the older V?

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
I think the model designation "F" stands for FAT! :rofl: :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Our motors are bigger of course were heavier, lol.....

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Our motors are bigger of course were heavier, lol.....
2004 VRSCA 606 (dry)
2010 VRSCF 640 (dry)

Oh yeah, that's right, they have 34 more pounds of pistons... :hmm:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hm, probably more of a seat position/center of gravity than weight, I can't see the weight making that much of a difference. ?

·
Registered abUser
299 Posts
Not sure if it's anything to do with the rake/trail. Yes the F is heavy from a stop, but when it's moving it really handles very well.

I think the F is also wider than the other bikes. So your GF may have difficulty moving it the same way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I love my F it's the best damn motorcycle Iv'e ever had. Never had another Harley or any other type of street cruiser for that matter.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Get rid of the factory exhaust and go to a 2 into 1 or a 2-2. Makes a WORLD of difference in how the bike feels..

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2004 VRSCA 606 (dry)
2010 VRSCF 640 (dry)

Oh yeah, that's right, they have 34 more pounds of pistons... :hmm:
hmmm 34lbs makes a lot of difference, i guess? mine has 240 too, and SE pipe (heavy). I just feel the F has higher center of gravity.

anybody ever ride both older V and F and feel the weight difference?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
hmmm 34lbs makes a lot of difference, i guess? mine has 240 too, and SE pipe (heavy). I just feel the F has higher center of gravity.

anybody ever ride both older V and F and feel the weight difference?
It shouldn't the weight is low and in the rear. :2cents:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
It shouldn't the weight is low and in the rear. :2cents:
So instead of being a Fat Boy... it should be called the Fat Girl 'cause Baby Got Back? :hidesbeh:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Also wider frame. Thats why the 07 is the slowest of the nightrods, it has all the "heavy" upgardes, without the added hp.
:bs: the RWHP is negligible at worst between an '07 1130cc & '10 1250cc DX

·
Registered
569 Posts
F you!

I think it's time for you boy's to go back to your forum! It gets embarrassing when the fat girls start laying out the smacks left and right! Honestly this board is for our hot ass muscle's not those old broken lookin scooters that my pappy used to sport! :moped:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
oooooooo...... guess we've been told.....

·
Registered
569 Posts
guess so. But AOW helped me with my HID's so he can stay, lol....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts