Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help with my problem it would be very much appreciated. Background info, I own a 2009 VRod Muscle and the front right slider began to leak, so i took it into the dealer for a warranty repair...THAT WAS 3 MONTHS AGO. Every time i call (every other day) the dealer informs me that the backorder date for my slider had been extended and there is no way to get a slider anywhere in the US. Its up to November 02 now. I called HD customer service only to be told to calm down and wait for my part like a good little customer. This is making me so angry i cant see straight and making my propensity for physical violence skyrocket :soapbox:. Does anyone have another means of contacting Harley in hopes of getting some resolution. Thanks and Semper Fi.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
it's unbelievable for a major company to have common parts backordered, i think we'd all agree. might i ask which dealer it's at? just curious.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Maybe they're on the slow-boat from China.... literally!

·
Noel
4,602 Posts
I sympathize, it took them 30 days to get a replacement Tourpak bracket for my 07 Ultra it broke on Sept 9th, I took it in on Sept 11th, the bike was ready on October 13th

You would think, with the over stock conditions, that they could delay production of a few models on the line to divert parts & supplies to repairs & warranties rather than build yet another bike which might not get immediately sold.

No idea who you could call, maybe copy-write lawyer monitoring this will tip off the Warranty lawyers at corporate they have a Marine about to go postal :angeldev:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
It is called lean manufacturing. More and more companies are going to this model of manufacturing. Keep just enough parts on hand to build your product and nothing else. Keeps their money in the bank and not on their shelfs. Stealerships are doing the same thing with parts and products. Have you noticed how bare automobile lots are now a days? I work for Ford and we usually have just enough parts in the plant to build for that day and no more. Get your number for the day and go home. Thanks Mike...

I feel for yeah man good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Get the extended warranty and demand your free rental!

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
They had my bike for 42 days... They don't give a ****.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I find it real hard to believe that no dealer in the country has a slider.
If by chance this is true,why hasn't someone asked to get one directly off the line?
Has your bike been sitting at the dealer for all these months?
Has it been torn down for the diagnosis,or did someone just decide that the slider is the problem? If it has been disassembled for inspection,what is wrong with the slider?

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
It is called lean manufacturing. More and more companies are going to this model of manufacturing. Keep just enough parts on hand to build your product and nothing else. Keeps their money in the bank and not on their shelfs. Stealerships are doing the same thing with parts and products. Have you noticed how bare automobile lots are now a days? I work for Ford and we usually have just enough parts in the plant to build for that day and no more. Get your number for the day and go home. Thanks Mike...

I feel for yeah man good luck.
Ding, Ding we have a winner

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
I find it real hard to believe that no dealer in the country has a slider.
If by chance this is true,why hasn't someone asked to get one directly off the line?
Has your bike been sitting at the dealer for all these months?
Has it been torn down for the diagnosis,or did someone just decide that the slider is the problem? If it has been disassembled for inspection,what is wrong with the slider?
They are shipped to us in pairs and sequenced, so no extras on the line

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
I find it very hard to believe because the XR1200 uses the same sliders.
I have been told they use different internal, dont know that as fact but its what i have been told

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
I had the same problem with getting a swing arm from them after my accident. 3 months and then my insurance company said it was ok to get a refurb chrome one off eBay.

I called HD and they told me they had to get 120 orders world wide before it was cost effective for them to make a contract to outsource the manufacture of new swingarms. They kept putting the part on backorder every 30 days.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Order the upgrade kit for the sportster XR1200 for 1500 bucks. Bolt it on and go. Joe

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Well you can still wear your Harley Stuff while you all wait around for HArley to Treat you like a Customer.

·
revolt on
44 Posts
i wonder how quick they could get one if you wanted to buy it for cash??

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
KYMuscle;2037792[B said:
]It is called lean manufacturing.[/B] More and more companies are going to this model of manufacturing. Keep just enough parts on hand to build your product and nothing else. Keeps their money in the bank and not on their shelfs. Stealerships are doing the same thing with parts and products. Have you noticed how bare automobile lots are now a days? I work for Ford and we usually have just enough parts in the plant to build for that day and no more. Get your number for the day and go home. Thanks Mike...I feel for yeah man good luck.
Ding, Ding we have a winner

The Japs started this and have been working this way for many years, in fact decades. However, leaving your customer holding his cock is not part of the overall strategy. There are provisions for this. Harley simply focked up.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you bought the bike from that dealer I would get th Owner, Service and Sales managers together explain politely your concerns and frustrations and suggest that if they cannot aquire the parts needed to repair your bike then have them use a bike from inventory to get you back on the road. I have been successful with this in the automotive field. the worse they can tell you is no.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts