Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
All you need to do is get some progressive 440 12inch shocks in the rear. that will fix the problem. if you have deep pockets i imagine there will be a 260 or 280 rear tire conversion.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
All you need to do is get some progressive 440 12inch shocks in the rear. that will fix the problem. if you have deep pockets i imagine there will be a 260 or 280 rear tire conversion.
I'm sure the 260 is a direct swap just like it is on all of the wide tire bikes since 07.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Gotta agree they got a bit mixed up with the fender.. The guys who cut the DA are fair weather riders for the most part (getting the fire gear out for the flaming) I ride in the rain so much I'd have to change that straight up.

My first priority on ANY bike is function... form is second! That fender has no function

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Surely that will mean less suspension movement (meaning a worse ride and worse traction) and even less ground clearance than stock? My AW already smashes my heels into the ground in every corner, who in their right mind would want to make it worse?

I like to see plenty of air between the tyre and the mudgaurd - it implies a suspension system that is capable of doing something useful.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Surely that will mean less suspension movement (meaning a worse ride and worse traction) and even less ground clearance than stock? My AW's already smashes my heels into the ground in every corner, who in their right mind would want to make it worse?

I like to see plenty of air between the tyre and the mudgaurd - it implies a suspension system that is capable of doing something useful.
Louis,

You miss the point entirely ;) It's not about how well the bike works, it's about how well is looks parked in front of the club.......

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Louis,

You miss the point entirely ;) It's not about how well the bike works, it's about how well is looks parked in front of the club.......
Ah, that's why I have Arnotts :D

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Gotta agree they got a bit mixed up with the fender.. The guys who cut the DA are fair weather riders for the most part (getting the fire gear out for the flaming) I ride in the rain so much I'd have to change that straight up.

My first priority on ANY bike is function... form is second! That fender has no function
Who would purchase a V-rod that felt this way?

If you're riding in the rain then what difference does it make how much water the fender slings? You're in the rain already.......

The F would be a very nice bike with a couple thousand bucks worth of mods, just like all of the other V-rods.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Surely that will mean less suspension movement (meaning a worse ride and worse traction) and even less ground clearance than stock? My AW already smashes my heels into the ground in every corner, who in their right mind would want to make it worse?

I agree with you 100% but with bickering over the rear there are alot of guys who want form over function. my road glide shocks were at stock height,im also 6'2. most people i know had their baggers dumped in the rear. i wanted mine to handle as much as a bagger could. i also had no chicken strips on my scooter.:blahblah::rolleyes:

when i get my muscle, i will change the rear shocks (progressive or ohlins)for a better ride . not to be kewl:chair:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts