Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why the F(muscle) pipes make 125hp (not sure RWHP) and if you ask around the 2-2 pipes that you buy for any other Vrod drop the HP by 20 or more? Why would that be these engines are all the same are they not? I mean the BUB2-2 pipe and Staggered 2-2 pipes loose power over a stock 2-2 setup?? It just doesnt add up to me, the aftermarket pipes should produce more then stock power shouldnt they? and what makes the muscles exhaust special that it doesnt loose power???

·
New but Old!
354 Posts
I was wondering why the F(muscle) pipes make 125hp (not sure RWHP) and if you ask around the 2-2 pipes that you buy for any other Vrod drop the HP by 20 or more? Why would that be these engines are all the same are they not? I mean the BUB2-2 pipe and Staggered 2-2 pipes loose power over a stock 2-2 setup?? It just doesnt add up to me, the aftermarket pipes should produce more then stock power shouldnt they? and what makes the muscles exhaust special that it doesnt loose power???
A lot of myths in your post. The F exhaust does have a crossover pipe so they are not true 2-2's, and the 1 HP is inconsequential.
2-2's do not drop hp by 20, they may even make gains if "tuned correctly", the problem is 2-2's or straight pipes do their best work at WOT and WOT only. They are hard to tune and unmanageable for the rest of the range or on the street. Regardless of testimonials this engine does NOT like 2-2's.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
125 hp is advertised as a sales gimmick.
My 07 X was advertised @ 123 hp.It made 109 rwhp in stock form and it now makes 115 rwhp with the SERT and a good tuner on a dyno tweaking the ecm to it's smoothest all around street performance.

All a person needs is a tool to interface with the ecm,a dyno and a smart person to tune the ecm.You do not need pipes and an air filter to squeeze the hp out of your engine.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I guess my thinking was car/truck related were the more flow with tuned backpressure produces the most power (like X vs. H mid pipe). I have heard guys loose over 20rwhp on there bub 2-2 pipes and the most gains being produced like Al, with the SERT pipe and tuner or close to stock form pipes. Which was why I was wondering about the muscle piping, I didnt realise they ran an equalizer pipe in the F.

·
'00 107" FXD, '07 AW
1,232 Posts
125 hp is advertised as a sales gimmick.

My 07 X was advertised @ 123 hp.It made 109 rwhp in stock form and it now makes 115 rwhp with the SERT and a good tuner on a dyno tweaking the ecm to it's smoothest all around street performance.

All a person needs is a tool to interface with the ecm,a dyno and a smart person to tune the ecm.You do not need pipes and an air filter to squeeze the hp out of your engine.
El Rod .. you're one knowledgeable engine guy; next time you come out to California can you help me get my mikuni dialed in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts