Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is like the TV show extreme make over except this is when a crowd shows up, takes apart your bike in a thousand pieces and then leaves. :rofl:

This is a very long video of Ray Conner's engine being taken apart at the rally. It is my opinion that he had a bad crankshaft that may have been machined out of spec looking at the damage caused to the engine.

Warning the movie is about one hour and 170 mb

Extreme Make Over Gone Wrong

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Man I am about 15-20 minutes into this and it is cool as hell since we got back from the Buell trade-in right about when this was done! But listening to all the background noise in this makes me realize there must be about 50 different dialects to the southern accent !!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
That was simply amazing to watch, I was at the hotel clearing my sinus when this went down but it was still awesome to see two tables full of parts and to have Paul from Eagle explain what the reasoning behind Ray's bike breaking down. Hats off to all who helped.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
less than 30 seconds to d-load! :D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
downloading now... sounds like a cool video

i think I'll load it up on the zune and watch it during the day while I walk around and pretend to work.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
ohioVROD said:
That was simply amazing to watch, I was at the hotel clearing my sinus when this went down but it was still awesome to see two tables full of parts and to have Paul from Eagle explain what the reasoning behind Ray's bike breaking down. Hats off to all who helped.

You just had to throw that part in there didn't ya Scott? :stilpoke:

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Darren I was miserable you know that, allgeries SUCK! HAHA

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I had that happen on my sissy bar. Man was I pissed! I wasn't too hesitant to drill on that, though.

·
Frank
4,319 Posts
smoothrod said:
It was funny watching Paul wrestle that 1/4 20 bolt ray mistakenly threw in the side cover. :)
Is that what was? I was wondering since those normally come out so easily. Come on Ray:chair:

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
smoothrod said:
It was funny watching Paul wrestle that 1/4 20 bolt ray mistakenly threw in the side cover. :)
Lonnie that must have been a factory defect because I wouldn't have done something stupid like that:diablo: I will talk to the line about that and make sure it doesn't happen again. I was told it is like having locking lug nuts on nice wheels. A thief would have to bring both his SAE and Metric tools to steal my parts.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
Lonnie that must have been a factory defect because I wouldn't have done something stupid like that:diablo: I will talk to the line about that and make sure it doesn't happen again. I was told it is like having locking lug nuts on nice wheels. A thief would have to bring both his SAE and Metric tools to steal my parts.

I am taking notes as I type, I dont want anyone stealing my rims! HAHA Sure Ray blame it on the line guys! :spank:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
vrodcustoms said:

Ive done worse trust me Ray.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
Gee you'd think that they would have some guy at the end of the line to inspect the bikes for defects like that when they are done. :stilpoke:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finished the removal of the engine video this morning about 3am and it is on the server but I will hold the link until bandwidth from this movie settles down. The removal of the engine is about 207 mb.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Elvis and Paul said that would be about a 15-20 minute job if they had all their tools ready. It will still go down in history as the fastest park shelter teardown ever.....and maybe the only.

In all seriousness, that was really cool of everyone. I appreciate everyone jumping in. I appeciate the guys taking the motor out of the chassis, and the Eagle team tearing apart the motor (sorry about the 1/4 20).:grouphug I have an ass load of stuff going on at home right now and it would have been spring before it would have had #13 torn apart because of time and money.

I know we didn't have the ideal shop setup with all the right tools, but we had plenty of kegs and that is all you really need. Hell, I may blow up a bike every year if we have this kind of fun. Thanks for capturing the memory on tape Max :notworth: , oh and by the way just so every body knows our contract is no working on bikes at Basswood :D

Thanks Everyone!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts