Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I have a bit of a problem and im wondering if anybody can give me some insight or possibly just some reassurance on the issue. I recently got back from the Iraqistan and I have been wanting a night rod special for just about the entire 2 years that I was over there, so naturally as soon as I get home I call up my local dealer(st. paul h-d) and tell them my needs. I go for a test ride on an '07 and thats the only one that they have for sale so I back order an '08 vivid black/pewter with a $500 deposit (first buyers mistake-I didnt sign an agreement to purchase by this date but what do you do =/ ) and the dealer tells me I will have it in a week. (a little frustration starts here) So a little over a week later I call them up and ask where my bike is and the guy tells me that it hasnt shipped yet but its going to in the next few days and I will have it by the following week. (frustration level is elevated) So a week later (today) they have the common courtesy to get a hold of me this time letting me know that the bike hasnt shipped yet but its going to in the next few days and I will have it by the following week. (extreme frustration has set in) I live in minnesota so if I actually get the bike next week I might get a month of riding in before it is no longer possible. I really dont know what to do here, I am tempted to try and get my $500 non-refundable deposit back and just try again next season. Any ideas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you ordered any special options you will not have much of a chance to get a refund. I waited almost 6 months for my ride! If it's what you want (and it is, believe us) just be patient. Set the money aside that you would have spent on it already and get some aftermarket goodies for when it gets here. Just curious: why didn't you pre-order it from nosnatchistan through AAFES and take advantage of the tax free offer?

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
I'd ask for your $500 back and walk away. As a customer, you shouldn't be having to chase them. They should be chasing you, at least keeping you abreast of any delivery problems, assuming they want to keep you happy to make the sale. Sometimes it's just too damn hard to spend your money.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
The DX is the most popular V-rod and possibly bike H-D is selling right now. I know when I bought my VRSCA in '02 I had to wait 3 months so to me a few weeks is no big deal. I think no matter what you'll be waiting since the DX's usually sell before they hit the showroom floor.

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
grebis01 said:
If you ordered any special options you will not have much of a chance to get a refund. I waited almost 6 months for my ride! If it's what you want (and it is, believe us) just be patient. Set the money aside that you would have spent on it already and get some aftermarket goodies for when it gets here. Just curious: why didn't you pre-order it from nosnatchistan through AAFES and take advantage of the tax free offer?
Was wondering the same thing? Might have made things a whole lot easier for you.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
synseer said:
Was wondering the same thing? Might have made things a whole lot easier for you.
:them: and :vrodforu: :vrod: :vrodforu:

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome, Just wait it out and get as much riding as you can and do some mods over the winter.

·
RICK
648 Posts
I'd do some searching for a DX. If you find one close enough, go get your deposit back. They will have to give it back if no item was purchased(the bike is not puchased until papers are all signed). If they give you any problems, tell them you Attourney will take care of it. It won;t go that far, but you can get your money back. They will have somebody else for the DX when and if it shows up. GOOD LUCK!

If you can't find one, you'll have to just wait it out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
grebis01 said:
synseer said:
Youngzee said:
:them: and :vrodforu: :vrod: :vrodforu:
:them: :vrodforu: :vrod: :vrodforu: :hidesbeh:
:D

·
Registered
964 Posts
I suspect this is beyond the dealers control. Not calling and updating you each time the ship date was missed is their fault but harley not shipping to them.....

I think your best bet is to wait another week and get the bike you want.

·
John
2,700 Posts
Its like waiting for Christmas (and they keep moving the date) just wait it out...

When you do get your DX you'll be able to ride it into December (just don't ride it with salt on the road).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grebis01 said:
Well then... AAFES was only offering '07 models at the time I was in country and I wasnt aware that I had an option to get tax free. Im not sure if I can still get the AAFES deal but I cooled off a bit now and im just going to wait it out a little(hopefully) longer. Just like some other things I guess, it will be amazing when it finally gets here.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Actually it isn't Tax Free. I bought a car from AAFES when I was stationed in Germany and they told me it was Tax Free. What they meant was they didn't charge you the Tax. When I shipped it to Virginia I had to pay Sales Tax on it when I went down to get it registered. The only break you can get is if it has over 500 miles on it you can register it as a used vehicle and not have to pay as much Tax as you would have to on a new one.

I am now in Okinawa and bought my V-Rod here through AAFES. Since I have ridden it here for two years when I get it back to Texas I can register it as a used bike and will not have to pay Tax on the full purchase amount.

Also something you might want to consider if you are going back to the Desert, AAFES here has a program where you can start an allotment to save money for your bike. The interrest rate here is 7%, a lot better than the bank pays. Something to think about.

PS. Welcome to the Forum!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
If its what you want, don't let the frustration get the best of you. Be patient--you'll be glad you did. This is typical HD BS.

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
I would call HD Customer service. (414) 343-4056.
They can tell you who has a DX in Stock right now or at least show the ones that show they have inventory. Once stock is verified, your dealer can have that bike shipped to them, or there may be one close enough for you to drive and pick it up today.
Good luck, I didn't want to wait either. I drove to Wisconsin to get mine.
Take Care and Thanks for serving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts