Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new 03 but did not spring for the extended warranty as I think is to expensive for a bike that does not get many miles annually(say 5000). For those who ride a lot of miles it may be ok. My question is must you buy this warranty from the selling dealer and if not can you get better pricing at some dealers? I often read of 4 year warranties for like 500.00 instead of the standard 1200 or so, or is just part of the bike purchase wheeling and dealing. Of course I am also aware that the warranty is only as good as the quality of the servicing dealer which also can detract from its value.

Roger
Silicon Valley, Ca.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
$500 on top of the $15,200 for my new '03 VRSCA for my 4 yr warranty. For $500, I could not pass it up! I think they needed room for the new models and they had (at the time) about 7 03's left for sale, still in the factory crates.

One dealer I came accross wanted $1200...I giggled, and said "Can you tell me where the nearest Victory deale is please? I think you just sold a Vegas!". (He didn't as Shiawassee HD restored my faith in HD)

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts