Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who has a kit available? The only ones I found are from Arlen Ness, but they are only available in chrome, I need black. I'm looking for either 2" or 3" inches of extension.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Extended Forward Controls.

V-Mod has a kit. They came in black, I sent them out to be chromed. They go forward about 2".

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Toys 'R Me said:
V-Mod has a kit. They came in black, I sent them out to be chromed. They go forward about 2".

would you mind taking a photo of your shift linkage side. i have these controls as well and have had issues with my shift side. the bearing in the rear locked up on me and caused me to not be able to shift. I had to pull them off and replace the shift linkage. I had to do this in a parking lot at a hd dealer lol with loaner tools.

even putting the linkage on the inside of the inside of the shifter pedal still causes it to be at an extreme angle and I think that caused the failure.

Would like to see what someone else had for comparison.

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
I really, really, really want a set of the Ride-Inn controls like VrodG has, but the current exchange rate has them priced well above my pain threshold at this point. If and when the US$ rallies against the Euro$ I'll be having a set of these bad boys. I had an opportunity to sit on the bike (thanks btw) and for tall guys this is THE ticket!

Maybe Max can work something out with Ride-Inn and offer these in the forum store? ;-)

-jt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toys R' Me,

Did you have to do any other mods i.e. shifter linkage, brake line?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
gmanhd said:
Toys R' Me,

Did you have to do any other mods i.e. shifter linkage, brake line?
Kit comes complete with shift rod extension. You will have to drill 8mm hole where the foot pegs bolts to frame . The ends of the of the peg mounts have to be cut off, drilled and tapped. A local machine should be able to do this really easy. You being close to them and able to speak the language they may be able to fix you up with these mods. If I can help drop me a line.

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=585&catid=member&imageuser=12

Good luck Greg

·
Registered
964 Posts
Greg, I think he was talking about steves extended controls.

No you dont have to do any mods to your bike to use them except bolt them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts