Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Lads,
My TT pipe arrived today. It looks & sounds like something the marines would have used during the assault on Bahgdad!!!
The pipe is well made, fitted perfectly & from now on the left leg of my levi's is gonna be well pressed. You definitely need high boots for this one.

I slapped the pipe right on still using the download for the SE so she's blowing a bit of black smoke when I crack the throttle, even so the idle has smoothed right out & the power delivery is smooth right up 'till the limiter kicks in. I will get it on the dyno in the next couple of weeks & post the result. It should be the dog's bollox when it's leaned out a bit.

Finally I want to recommend John at Johnnyturbo in Pheonix who sold me the pipe. He did me a real good deal & a couple of favours to boot. A proper gent.

The JM should be arriving any day so watch this space for the 'zorst horsepower shoot out.

African Paul. :hyper:

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Looking Good :thumb: They sure do pull don't they?Good choice.They are the best pipe for the V-Rod.
Which SE download are you running?At the moment I have the PCIIIr with a custom tune for my ST's.It runs real strong.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Paul,
you have seen the Light! :cool: Dam good looking V-rod ya got there! :thumb:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Why you get the JM also? :confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice looking ride Paul! Who makes the wheels on her??? I can't tell but are they polished or coated ?? My old laptop screen isn't the best...

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Nice Paul! Like to hear em...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vrodvinny said:
Looking Good :thumb: They sure do pull don't they?Good choice.They are the best pipe for the V-Rod.
Which SE download are you running?At the moment I have the PCIIIr with a custom tune for my ST's.It runs real strong.
The download was done by the dealer when I bought the SE pipes, so it must be the factory offering. I fitted a PC when I put the BUB's on but removed it when I canned the BUB's. It will go back on soon to dial in the TT's, I was still impressed with the pipe even with the wrong fuel map. The bike pulls hard & clean all the way, just a bit rich below 2500.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
So you have the SE 16g download or the SE download?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vrodvinny said:
I'm pretty sure the TT will give a small percentage more power than the JM because from a functional point of view the design is race oriented. I want the TT to enter the European Super Twins comp in the Street Legal class this season. So for racing it's great, but pretty it aint (no offence, purely a personal point of view).
The JM is beautifully finished, stainless & gives a lot more ground clearance. I have only had the TT on the bike for 24 hrs & I have already flattened the underneath of the can, so for every day riding in the UK the JM fits the bill, especially in winter when stainless is a real bonus.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phxms said:
Nice looking ride Paul! Who makes the wheels on her??? I can't tell but are they polished or coated ?? My old laptop screen isn't the best...
Hi Mike , I got the wheels & discs from Speedpoint Racing in Germany. The swingarm is from UHS also in Germany. They are polished but look dull 'cos they're sprayed with grease to keep the crap off during winter. I ride every day to work etc. I've attached some better pic's.
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vrodvinny said:
So you have the SE 16g download or the SE download?
I gotta admit I don't know! The pipes looked the same as the stock but had SE embossed in them, the dealer called it a stage one download. They also told me it was the only option available & then got stroppy with me when I complained the bike was running rich. They tried to tell me that unleaded fuel doesn't burn so good! Needless to say I never went back.
The set up worked OK (110.2hp) but the pipe decked out badly & the chrome on the welds fell off at the first sign of rain. Heres a pic the day the pipe was put on.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TT pipe dyno results

I got my bike back from the tuner today after 3 days & 30+ dyno runs.
This is a dyno I have used for a long time & I trust the numbers.
The dyno has a weather station which compensates for humidity, temp, altitude etc.
Many combinations of air filter, air box, timing & fuel ratios were used to arrive at this number so I am as confident as I can afford to be that this is as good as it will get using a PC.
For clarity I have quoted the hp in every form I know of.
The max hp was EEC = 109.9, SAE = 109.4, STD = 112.7, Uncorrected = 114.1.
The maximum EEC torque (standard pulleys) was 76.2 ft/lbs.
I've tried 2 other pipes; BUB 92hp, SE 110.2hp (both ECC).
I am expecting my JM to arrive any day, when it does & we measure the output I will post all my graphs for reference. :hmm:

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
african paul's pipe shootout

Again, this shows just how well designed and how well the stock mid collector and SE mufflers perform, albeit a bit on the heavy side. The well acclaimed "racepipe" yielded slightly less peak HP, call em even for sake of arguement. I really would like to see graphs of the torque curves of the 2 systems, the fact Paul slapped on the TTs and commented that it was a bit rich with the existing tune, emitted black smoke when cracking the throttle open may just indicate a loss of some bottom end torque, probably due to a lack of backpressure with the TTs. I have long suspected the open can design, lots of noise, may just hurt low-mid torque. Bet Paul's tuner had some difficulty getting a smooth, proper air/fuel ratio across the rev range and at various throttle positions. Paul, you are doing us a great service with your exhaust shootout, thank you and let's see how the great looking Joker Machine pipe does.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
polizzio said:
Again, this shows just how well designed and how well the stock mid collector and SE mufflers perform, albeit a bit on the heavy side. The well acclaimed "racepipe" yielded slightly less peak HP, call em even for sake of arguement. I really would like to see graphs of the torque curves of the 2 systems, the fact Paul slapped on the TTs and commented that it was a bit rich with the existing tune, emitted black smoke when cracking the throttle open may just indicate a loss of some bottom end torque, probably due to a lack of backpressure with the TTs. I have long suspected the open can design, lots of noise, may just hurt low-mid torque. Bet Paul's tuner had some difficulty getting a smooth, proper air/fuel ratio across the rev range and at various throttle positions. Paul, you are doing us a great service with your exhaust shootout, thank you and let's see how the great looking Joker Machine pipe does.
A Race Pipe is just that!Put a Big Bore Kit or Nitrous and Test them and the Free'r Flowing capabilities come into play .The StockSystem is Very Well desighned for a Stock or Mildly modified bike.Do some Real changes
cams,heads,ect and that when the real skinny is shown! :2cents: ;)

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Piece of cake!

vrodvinny said:
:laugh: He wants the best. He may end up racing the JM. :laugh:

:lick: No burns with jeans. Zero clearance problem. He'll tell us about the better sound. And of course, ahhh, the looks of it. Great finish. It's just a better V-Rod like that for the street. :lick:

:kiss:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts