Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed many people asking about the Pipes by Exotic Choppers. My advise to you all " do not purchase these pipes!" Exotic Choppers offers poor quality products and POOR customer service. I purchased the Loco black ceramic exhaust pipes for my 2008 Vrod Night Rod Special and the pipes started rusting (discoloring) after 2 months. To be completly honest I was not impressed with the sound of these pipes either. Another thing I would like to mention, and Im not sure if this is a big deal, but the bracket the bolts the pipes to the engine do not lay flush with the engine. It leaves like a 1/4" grab. I haven't done much research on it but this might not give it a good seal to the engine. After I tried contacting Exotic Choppers about the rusting of the pipes they insisted that it was my fault and that I must not keep it in a garage or that I must live near the ocean. Well, my bike is kept in a garage and I live 3 hrs from the nearest beach. I don't know if it was by accident, but he did mention that this has happened before by other costumers. Wel,l fortunately I was able to get them to recoat them, but I had to pay for all the shipping packaging and rewrapping. which all came out to another 200 bucks. My advise to you is invest your $1300.00 in a better product and save yourself the headache of having to deal with a Bad Business.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
you come here bad mouthing a product for your first post, you won't last long.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
and either your telling a lie because Chesapeake bay VA is more like 3 minutes instead of 3 hours from the ocean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the product sux, it sux... must I say more! sorry if you own if you wasted your money like I did.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Serious flamage. Sheesh.

Sometimes the best opinions are those imparted with a little more tact, in response to a forum member's questions and a few paragraph breaks.

But welcome to the forum. I think.

·
Out Riding
381 Posts
Wait until you start burning every pair of pants you wear when riding any distance with these pipes. I would have to say they are some of the best looking pipes for the V Rod, I very much liked the sound as well. They kill the power, I think I dyno'ed 97 hp. I did not have a rust issue but ruined multip pair of pants from the front head pipe, burned thru leather patches i sewed into the pant legs, burned leather pants. Sold the pipes on ebay for about 1/2 what I paid. Not the best pipe on the market but they do "look cool"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts