Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I'm looking at replacing the exhaust on my stock DX and was wondering if aftermarket exhausts are street legal in California. Does anyone know this ?

thanks!
mark

·
"F the F"
1,032 Posts
Replaced mine with CFR after purchasing my DX, never had a problem with the law. If thats what you mean. Street legal is a relative term.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
What ever you do save your old pipes. The law reads that any change is illegal, it's just how much enforcement that takes place that determines what you can get away with.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Max said:
What ever you do save your old pipes. The law reads that any change is illegal, it's just how much enforcement that takes place that determines what you can get away with.
:them:

Down you way in the Southland I've heard that the State is much more rigorous in their enforcement. You definitely want to keep your original exhaust pipes so can switch back if needed.

Shoe

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Vmods work great in this instance because they are the OEM pipes Modified which means they have the Factory Stamp on them so a Side of the road check (In my cases) works to your benefit 98% of the time and they are plenty loud enough without raping your HP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts